MUST play games

thegamezbeplayed

What are some games that you guys think are MUST plays. I'm talking games that all PC gamer enthusiast must play in order to be considered a PC gamer enthusiast.

Civilization series comes to mind, Total war, WarCraft, StarCraft, Crysis 1, The Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Half-Life games. Thats the top of my mind right now.

warcraft 3 was my first real PC game. I played that shit sooo much. Before i had age of empires and i slowly got bored of that..

I used to play Age of Empires a lot on LAN, same with WarCraft 3. Last game I played LAN was 36 hours of Total War Shogun 2 ^^ My and a friend went out to conquer Japan coop :) Though that was my friends first time playing Total war so we are not done yet, so I saved the game for an later LAN ;)

Torchlight 2 is GREAT, and for a cheap price as well...

Huh? PC gamer enthusiast must play to become one? That makes no sense. Every gamer has their own taste. One size doesn't fit all.

I don't feel you need to play certain games to be considered a pc gamer but games/series I would recommend for someone wanting to get into pc gaming would be starcraft 2, civilization series, and aoe.

To be taken seriously as a PC gamer then i believe that you have to have played half-life 1 and 2. And also an ArmA sim or OpFlashpoint (original) and also have a battlefield game (bf2 or 3)

To be taken seriously as a PC gamer then i believe that you have to have played half-life 1 and 2. And also an ArmA sim or OpFlashpoint (original) and also have a battlefield game (bf2 or 3)
Lol there are a lot of games out there and for my taste i could say the same thing about games fast paced like quake or unreal tournament but that just my taste and you cant put a label on people because they play a game you don't or don't like lol

Corsair 500r White - Sabertooth 990FX - FX8150 @ 4.6Ghz - Gskill Sniper 1866 - XFX Double D 7970

Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty - OCZ Vertex3 120GB - WD Black 2TB - Ultra X4 Modular 850w PSU

Hes just asking what we think are must plays :) Don't need to play all the games listed to be a enthusiast PC gamer :)

I think its fun mentioning a lot of games that I thought was great ;)

Torchlight 2 is GREAT, and for a cheap price as well...
I got Torchlight 2 installed, but never got around to play it ^^

Did i put a label on them? nope, did i mention any that i didnt like? nope, sshhh.

Try to play different "genres" of games. From current games you might consider playing the Assassins Creed series, because it has a relatively beginners-friendly interface to control everything and the games are not very hard to play when you get into them. Furthermore I would recommend some FPS-games like Modern Warfare, Battlefield, Crysis or Halo. If your into driving, you should try the Need for Speed or DiRT series.

Try farcry 3, great game, battlefield is amazing, its a must play, cod is fairly decent, probably doesnt count, counter strike source is one of the best fps's of all time to me, try NFS, Halo, and others

Huh? PC gamer enthusiast must play to become one? That makes no sense. Every gamer has their own taste. One size doesn't fit all.
how about games that are just all around good. basically what im asking lol

Try farcry 3, great game, battlefield is amazing, its a must play, cod is fairly decent, probably doesnt count, counter strike source is one of the best fps's of all time to me, try NFS, Halo, and others
i wish more halo was on pc :(

Are there any games left these days that would be better played in a LAN? Besides just the company i mean.

Maybe im just old but my choices are Doom, Wolfenstein 3d and Heretic. Those are what started my addiction and IMHO started true pc gaming.

i7 4770k @ 4.6 / Corsair h110 / Corsair XMS3 16GB / 2 x 660 Ti  / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Civilization series comes to mind, Total war, WarCraft, StarCraft, Crysis 1, The Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Half-Life games. Thats the top of my mind right now.
Your avatar is a picture of Liara and you don't recommend the Mass Effect trilogy? :P I don't think most people would consider the Mass Effect games to be prime examples of PC gaming, however, I'd say they are absolutely amazing and everyone should give them a shot! Pick up the first two games next time there is a Steam sale, you can get both of them for a mere 10 bucks.

The Walking Dead game has by far some of the best writing I've ever experience in a game. It was so refreshing to break away from Dota 2 or the usual FPS to play a point and click adventure. Choices had gravity and character development/interaction were sublime. Additionally it's such a universally appealing game due to its story focus rather than gameplay mechanics.

Highly recommended: Walking Dead Game, episode 1-5

I would recommend

Crysis 1/Warhead

Stalker (all of them)

Supreme commander FA

Metro 2033

The Witcher 2

Dues Ex Human Revolutions

Halk Life

If you have not played CS then you are not a PC gamer.

That and probably AOE..

Was thinking more of the case as games that should be played on the PC :P

Not saying Mass Effect shouldn't be played on the PC. I play my "main character" of Shepard on the PC.

I am a Mass Effect fan, I got all the games for every platform and I have bought lots of collectibles

So I encourage all to buy the Mass Effect games. :)

BF3

Starcraft 2

Metro 2033 was free at one point so thats a good one to start with

Skyrim is great for pc, can even use a controller for those controller guys

Blacklight retribution is a good f2p

Tribes ascend as well, even though i havent played in a while

Command and Conquere 2 yuri's revenge

Planetside 2 (takes some learning)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

CoD4 FTW

Fallout 3

The Elders Scrolls

Sleeping Dogs

Far Cry 3

Battlefield 3