MegaBots calls it quits, puts battle robots on eBay

mhoward0059

The era of giant battle robots appears to be over... although you might have a chance to bring it back. MegaBots has gone bankrupt after once again running out of money, and it's auctioning its 16-foot-tall Eagle Prime robot on eBay as part of the shutdown.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/25/megabots-bankrupt-ebay-auction/?sr_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1yyT39XiUZW6ApDoJWRxfNQ3dT-rJkKh22O-hOkmkKcmcy-olXlkH-xSA&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMshyvSIEavjPfSo9iCtZ9Qrxp8BfT2yFmJ9u3UARz_SDV4eaHKkAmOXbGvfRYPrXLgOkKj0hsIGAn-K5yXXKF5FhMFcchEPRKgZtgwzNUiMU8uSf9yDHz5F352THKEToSyN4eOM0Vwhch0oy4n6p3F-snE9PWOsxfTH2ZEYVkK9

I'm pretty bummed about this news but I'm not surprised. I thought eagle prime was cool, but only cool enough to watch the occasional YouTube video on it; not enough for me to want to see it in person or pay money to watch videos about it which I'm sure is the opinion of many people. 

some rich kid in the middle east is going to have an amazing toy.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The guy was pretty cringe tbh. Still sad to see this flop but then again... what exactly was their plan and what were they thinking?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

38 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

for 12 seconds

Image result for heavy weapons guy meme

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

Would be pretty bonkers as a friendly reminder in the front yard to some asshole neighbors to be finally a bit more friendly.

Though would be probably seen as a bit passive aggressive

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

The fight video they had was so bad. It was just two slowly moving robots barely hitting each other, and the video had a jump cut every 5 seconds. So disappointing.

5 minutes ago, poochyena said:

The fight video they had was so bad. It was just two slowly moving robots barely hitting each other, and the video had a jump cut every 5 seconds. So disappointing.

I would have expected nothing less.

Had a discovery channel production feel.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's almost as though giant robots built exclusively for choreographed wrestling make no sense. Once again the Internet has shown that it doesn't actually want what it thinks it wants. At least now we have a pretty definitive answer to "it's <this year>, where are my giant robots?".

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 9/25/2019 at 6:32 AM, mhoward0059 said:

The era of giant battle robots appears to be over... although you might have a chance to bring it back. MegaBots has gone bankrupt after once again running out of money, and it's auctioning its 16-foot-tall Eagle Prime robot on eBay as part of the shutdown.

Welcome to the forums!

I should let you know that our Tech News section is in my opinion, one of the nicest and it's to a good extent due to our Tech News guidelines:

May I suggest you add some input of your own into the original post? That will spark discussion and get more attention to the thread.

Also, if you reduce your link's length, the post would look that much neater. One way to do it is to write some text then use the URL button (looks like this image.png.e492a434364e4d19db23fc38ba56e53a.png) to paste the link into the box. Voila, a shorter link.

Cheers!

Edit: It has now been 24 hours and I have moved the topic to General Discussion as per our policy. As soon as you update it to meet Tech News Guidelines, let me know and I'll restore it to the Tech News subforum.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Battlebots is much more entertaining tbh

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

They tried to bring back robot wars here in England, they made 2 seasons and so few people watched it they axed it again.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)