How should I place my rad

Smackaroy

I only really have room for it at the top of my case but should I place it as an intake or an outake? I have 3 fans in the front of my case serving as an intake and 1 outake at the back.

There is a lot of debate. Personally I would blow out of the case (from the rad) so the hot air does not go inside

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

Hot Air goes up. So Outake is the only solution that makes sence.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Hot Air goes up. So Outake is the only solution that makes sence.

Science 

4 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

Science 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Use it as exhaust. Better overall. 

A lot of variables. Heat rising isn’t the cure all to bad builds. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

This heavily depends on the specific case, your build and where you put it. 

The hot air rising thing doesn't really apply much since the temperature in your case will pretty quickly equalize and just rise in general. The amount of heat a radiator transfers to the passing air is not that great. Bear in mind that your water temps aren't that high in general (or you've really messed up if they are) so the air won't be that much warmer after passing through. In a good case the difference will probably only be around 2 or 3° and therefore neglible. 

You should really think more about where the filtered intakes are. If that's on the top then you really want those as intake. Also bear in mind that you want some more or less direct airflow over the VRMs so having the top as intake might create a bit more airflow. Also make sure that there are as little restrictions as possible for your fans on the radiator. They're going to work hard enough on the radiator so restrictive cover are a bad thing for your overall cooling performance and overall temps since less airflow will result to higher temps in the loop. That's not necessarily terrible but you're paying enough money to be bothered at least a bit by impaired performance. 

If the front of your case is the least restrictive filtered intake then I'd put my radiator there.  And if the radiator is the intake I'd put the fans on the inside and make them pull air through the radiator so cleaning the rest of the dust that gets into the case is easier from the outside of the radiator. Disassembling the fans from the radiator is bothersome just for the purpose of cleaning.

So, what case do you have?

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!