why can’t I ran the .cap file for updated drive for asus?

What other things should I do after the build?

Also asus website +.... drivers, can’t open or run the program( it shows to open in image).cap file.

Do I also need to update amd? 

Also did use the armoury crate to download the drive and audio chipsets is that the same ?

Still missing some stuff specially the bios and other stuff that i should be doing

Are you trying to update the BIOS?

If so you need to put that file on a USB. Don't put it in a subfolder.

Enter the BIOS and find the BIOS update utility and point it toward your USB drive.

What do you mean by update AMD?

Windows 10 will grab any required drivers. Only need to install the latest gfx drives from NVida or AMD.

-アパゾ

10 hours ago, APasz said:

Enter the BIOS and find the BIOS update utility and point it toward your USB drive.

Windows 10 will grab any required drivers. Only need to install the latest gfx drives from NVida or AMD.

First time building a pc.

So wondering if I also need to update the processor?

So do I actually need to go to windows, to update the drivers utilities and etc...?

Will do on the usb(i was thinking about that)

12 hours ago, APasz said:

Incorrect, for Ryzen 3000 processors it's required to manually install the latest AMD chipset driver, the version installed by Windows update is outdated and doesn't include the fixes for high voltage and the CPU not sleeping.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

CPU microcode [or driver] is updated automatically. No need to think about it.

Generally speaking there is no need to update the BIOS if everything is working as intended.

Windows 8/10 will install [assuming internet is connected] all required drivers for you, no need to worry there. Note that the latest GPU driver wont be installed so it's a good idea to download and install it manually.

This also applies to most Linux distros. Windows 7 and earlier require vendor drivers to be installed manually for optimum performance.

-アパゾ

12 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

What other things should I do after the build?

Also asus website +.... drivers, can’t open or run the program( it shows to open in image).cap file.

Do I also need to update amd? 

I'm going to be brutally honest, don't try updating the bios on your own, it's obvious you don't understand the process and it's possible you can brick your board if you do it wrong. No offense intended, I'd hate for you to try and brick your system.

Get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, KevinD29 said:

First time building a pc.

So wondering if I also need to update the processor?

So do I actually need to go to windows, to update the drivers utilities and etc...?

Will do on the usb(i was thinking about that)

thats fine, make sure you read the manual

3 methods for bios update with cap file

- only aisuit can read cap file in windows (not recommended)

- others require cap file on fat32 usb and read through bios

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Incorrect, for Ryzen 3000 processors it's required to manually install the latest AMD chipset driver, the version installed by Windows update is outdated and doesn't include the fixes for high voltage and the CPU not sleeping.

Doesn't AMD's control panel thing (forget what they're calling it these days) auto-update the drivers?

-アパゾ

5 minutes ago, APasz said:

Generally speaking there is no need to update the BIOS if everything is working as intended.

Windows 8/10 will install [assuming internet is connected] all required drivers for you, no need to worry there. Note that the latest GPU driver wont be installed so it's a good idea to download and install it manually.

This also applies to most Linux distros. Windows 7 and earlier require vendor drivers to be installed manually for optimum performance.

Again incorrect for Ryzen 3000, AGESA updates for Zen 2 are delivered through bios updates and must be installed manually.

AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA and the latest AMD chipset driver is 100% required and must be installed manually.

Just now, APasz said:

Doesn't AMD's control panel thing (forget what they're calling it these days) auto-update the drivers?

Not chipset, only GPU. Also I agree that Microsoft should be delivering latest versions but unfortunately they still don't.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Again incorrect for Ryzen 3000, AGESA updates for Zen 2 are delivered through bios updates and must be installed manually.

AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA and the latest AMD chipset driver is 100% required and must be installed manually.

What exactly is incorrect?

-アパゾ

1 hour ago, APasz said:

What exactly is incorrect?

Unlike Intel, AMD deliver microcode updates through BIOS updates. To install them you must flash an updated BIOS.

Also with ZEN 2 it's very important to manually update chipset drivers whenever they become available, at least until the platform reaches the stability that comes with maturity.

8 hours ago, APasz said:

ok can I just find the version of my bios and if it match the website dated bios like”2019 or something “ then I don’t need to do anything?

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

ok I remember updated  the chipset and realtek and others in amours crate(asus thing) 

does it the same though?

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Unlike Intel, AMD deliver microcode updates through BIOS updates. To install them you must flash an updated BIOS.

Also with ZEN 2 it's very important to manually update chipset drivers whenever they become available, at least until the platform reaches the stability that comes with maturity.

When did AMD start doing their own thing?

As far as I was aware AMD was still using Intel's method.

-アパゾ

3 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

ok can I just find the version of my bios and if it match the website dated bios like”2019 or something “ then I don’t need to do anything?

Compare the BIOS version number to that on the ASUS website. If it's the same then you've already got the latest.

If you brought the mobo recently there's a good chance it's already up to date.

-アパゾ

8 hours ago, APasz said:

When did AMD start doing their own thing?

As far as I was aware AMD was still using Intel's method.

AMD switched to AGESA with the launch of Zen though it's been around for at least 10 years. The reason it's done via BIOS updates rather than a driver update is because it was originally intended to be a replacement for BIOS before UEFI gained traction.

I believe they do still deliver some microcode stuff through driver updates (especially on Linux) but the bulk of it is done through BIOS updates now.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, APasz said:

Compare the BIOS version number to that on the ASUS website. If it's the same then you've already got the latest.

If you brought the mobo recently there's a good chance it's already up to date.

The current version that I have is  american ... 7/8/2019 the new one is  1 month ahead. Wonder if I still need to update it.

Also did look at some video on how to and its pretty straight forward to me. One thing I'm concern  though  is  what happen if in the installation process your pc does turn off?  (bios)

I don't know what is in that update so can't say if it's worth it.

As in a power outage?

It's likely to brick the board if it loses power at exactly the wrong time. Though it's also possible to be all good and happy.

-アパゾ

4 minutes ago, APasz said:

I don't know what is in that update so can't say if it's worth it.

As in a power outage?

It's likely to brick the board if it loses power at exactly the wrong time. Though it's also possible to be all good and happy.

It just said better  system performance, but it's 1 month ahead and everything seems to be working so no worries on that.
Also  Download the drivers, installed,(asus and graphics card) is their anything I should do after that ? or Just play?

9 hours ago, APasz said:

Just play.

Love that answer man, I think i will