Qnix Qx2710 - 120hz 1440p Confirmed!

PapaSmurf6768

Thank you for the heads up PapaSmurf. I have done a fair amount of research of the past couple of weeks with regards to 1440p monitors. I recently upgraded my battlestation and was interested in purchasing a 1440p monitor for gaming in order to really enjoy the extra performance in my new setup. The price of 1440p monitors kept me away until I learned about the offerings from Yamikasi, XSTAR, Crossover, and most recently, QNIX. 1440p @ 120hz for >$400? I ordered the QNIX monitor mentioned in this thread from ipslcdmonitors.com and paid a bit more for the three year warranty (piece of mind). It is in the mail today and I cannot wait to get the thing unboxed and oc'd!

With regards to some of the other comments on this thread I believe it's important to take them with a grain of salt. GoodBytes kind of came in and tried to steal some of your wind by making inflammatory and patently false claims with zero references under the guise of "informing the masses." If I didn't know any better I would say he/she is a corporate shill working for Dell or at the very least an elitist fanboy. I started to write a full rebuff to all the BS he posted, but I realized that it is highly unlikely that he would change anything about how he relates to the world.

There are great warranties with "no strings attached" Source

A- panels are not as bad as GoodBytes would lead you to believe. Source

I can't find anyone who can't make their qx2710 work due to "graphics card capabilities issues" (wtf does that even mean)?

I can't find a source for "pixels burning to the screen due to overvolting" - guys on the owners forums are running their QNIX's at 120Hz+ in some instances with no problems. Source

"Strange blurry effect" is garbage.

The qx2710 absolutely has an OSD menu.

Shipping is free in many cases and $19.95 on ipslcdmonitors.com and even then its still half the cost or less than those overpriced models from Dell. I could buy two and have them shipped for less...

And the whole tirade goes on and on like this until the very end where GoodBytes goes on to indicate that the only way we peons could possibly enjoy an IPS is if we came from some "crap vomit," that's right, "crap vomit" TN display. 

TL:DR GoodBytes whole diatribe is misinformed, inflammatory, rude, and detracts from OP's goal of giving us the latest news about a great display.

This thread is over two months old.  Please,

4.3 Thread Necroing
Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted on simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page.