Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrBossUP

Can somebody please help me with what parts I need to play games at 144fps. Max 550£

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MrBossUP said:

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor i would like to play AAA games at high or ultra settings at 144fps

With new games, that's not going to happen.


Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Your specs? 

I'm selling my current parts to my friend and i want basically upgrade my whole pc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBossUP said:

I'm selling my current parts to my friend and i want basically upgrade my whole pc

So that's your budget for the whole PC? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBossUP said:

Yes

Well... can you go up a few hundred, say around 800-1000?


 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBossUP said:

Yes

You will have to look for used parts. That's low budget for your requirements if you want new. 

 

It should be doable maybe if you dont expect more than low/medium settings and also only in esport titles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£107.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock X370M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£60.72 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£44.58 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£52.35 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  (£199.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: GameMax Proteus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£22.55 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £551.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-23 07:58 BST+0100

 

More or less the best you can get within budget

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£107.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock X370M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£60.72 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£44.58 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£52.35 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  (£199.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: GameMax Proteus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£22.55 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £551.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-23 07:58 BST+0100

 

More or less the best you can get within budget

thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBossUP said:

thanks! 

You probably gotta turn down the settings to Medium-High to get 144fps, also the 8GB RAM won't help. If I were you I'd try to spend a little more to get 2x8GB of RAM, the rest should suffice for medium-high settings


i like water.

GPU Cooling Tier List | CPU Cooling Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | PSU Tier List       <<<<<<PLEASE CHECK THESE BEFORE BUYING

USEFUL TUTORIALS

-HOW TO BUILD A PC STEP BY STEP

-WHAT TO DO FIRST WITH A BRAND NEW BUILD

-HOW TO SEE PC UTILISATION IN GAME(ie CPU usage, GPU temps, CPU temps etc.)

-EASIEST WAY TO OVERCLOCK RAM ON RYZEN CPUs

CURRENT PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

RAM: 2X8 GB 3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ RGB (timings tightened to 14-17-17-30 from 16-18-18-38)

Storage: 240GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus(boot), 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X TRIO

PSU: Corsair RM650x

OS: Windows 10 Home Unactivated

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White

Case Fans: 9x Corsair LL120

Cables: Cablemod C-series White ModFlex Cables c

MINECRAFT SERVER

CPU: i5-8400

CPU Cooler: stock

Motherboard: MSI B360 GAMING ARCTIC

RAM: 1X8GB 2666MHz

Storage: 240GB WD Blue SSD
PSU: OEM Alienware 460w

OS: Windows 10 Home Unactivated

Case: Tecware Nexus ATX

Link to post
Share on other sites

best bet on my opinion would be to up the budget to around 800 find some1 selling a prebuild system and you could probably get more bang for the buck... 


Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBossUP said:

so what graphics do i need to achieve 144fps?

in most games ultra isnt realistically achievable at 144fps even with the best gpu right now.

a mix of high ~ custom settings is what you will get .

imo rx5700 is the sweet spot for 1080p 100+fps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrBossUP said:

so what graphics do i need to achieve 144fps?

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

in most games ultra isnt realistically achievable at 144fps even with the best gpu right now.

a mix of high ~ custom settings is what you will get .

imo rx5700 is the sweet spot for 1080p 100+fps 

As someone who just received his RTX 2060, even it won't run AAA titles at 144fps with maximum settings turned on. My GPU is paired with an i7-4790k and 24GB RAM, and I run 1440p displays. Overwatch, Minecraft, Forknife, and Rocket League all run well above 120 FPS using high-ultra settings, or drop down to between 90-120 FPS using ultra-epic settings, but AAA titles don't come close to even 120 FPS. At 1080p I don't see you achieving 144FPS in an AAA game on ultra settings, and definitely not for your budget.


Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£107.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock X370M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£60.72 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£44.58 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£52.35 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  (£199.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: GameMax Proteus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£22.55 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £551.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-23 07:58 BST+0100

 

More or less the best you can get within budget

Ignore the msg. Mixed 1600 with 1200

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nextg3n said:

best bet on my opinion would be to up the budget to around 800 find some1 selling a prebuild system and you could probably get more bang for the buck... 

Prebuilds are always more expensive than building one on your own though. Even if its sold by a person (not commercial), he will still want to make money out of it. Unless used of course..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Envit0 said:

Ryzen especially the 1600 is terrible for high refresh rates though... I would switch it to anything like 8300 for good single core clocks :) and cheap

the 8300? a 4c/4t CPU that is known to stutter in AAA titles? and that doesnt gain much at all for some singlecore speed while sacrificing extra cores that are very important in current games?

 

also the 8300 isnt cheap. in fact its usually ++60$ more than the 1600. the 9400f is cheap, but you might aswell get someting with actual cores to not stutter

 

edit: also how is it terrible for high refreshrate gaming? the 1600 as ok singlecore performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Envit0 said:

Prebuilds are always more expensive than building one on your own though. Even if its sold by a person (not commercial), he will still want to make money out of it. Unless used of course..

sorry i meant as a used prebuilt system, mybad and look for something whats been used for a year or 2 and has close to max hardware in it for the time itl be a decent deal


Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Envit0 said:

Ryzen especially the 1600 is terrible for high refresh rates though...

you call over 100fps terrible?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you call over 100fps terrible?

 

 

 

Terrible as in Intel always has a slight of hand over the high refresh rates :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Envit0 said:

Terrible as in Intel always has a slight of hand over the high refresh rates :) 

while suffering with their non-ht offerings in 1% lows?

 

yes fps can be lower, but you dont get the stuttering and the fps loss is small enough that it doesnt matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×