Different keyboard/alternative keyboard for gaming? (wrist pain)

Octavialicious

I use a standard keyboard for gaming, but everytime I game I feel a pain in my wrist. 

2c32409674644a385bb9e74a5b7f2e3d.jpg

here is how I use my keyboard, and the area I circled is where I get the pain (on the top of my wrist) it feels like a pinch or something, it is a sudden sharp pain that goes away in a sec

Is there a different keyboard or something that I could use that would alleviate the pain? its only when I game I dont really get it when typing 

ty for ur help

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

7 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I use a standard keyboard for gaming, but everytime I game I feel a pain in my wrist. 

2c32409674644a385bb9e74a5b7f2e3d.jpg

here is how I use my keyboard, and the area I circled is where I get the pain (on the top of my wrist) it feels like a pinch or something, it is a sudden sharp pain that goes away in a sec

Is there a different keyboard or something that I could use that would alleviate the pain? its only when I game I dont really get it when typing 

ty for ur help

might be the angle that your wrist is on when you are gaming

i would suggest a wrist rest 

try putting a small pillow under your wrist when gaming and if that works and you dont feel any or as much pain maybe try getting a keyboard that includes a wrist wrest or buy a wrist rest

9 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

A vertical keyboard would probably help, but would be hard to get used to. 

Looks like you are mostly using qwer/shift/space (League?) and your wrist is bent towards your elbow. I'd try pushing the keyboard further left  till your wrist is straight when resting fingers on those keys. Raising your seat till your elbow is in a plane with the keyboard top might help as well.

3 minutes ago, WWicket said:

A vertical keyboard would probably help, but would be hard to get used to. 

Looks like you are mostly using qwer/shift/space (League?) and your wrist is bent towards your elbow. I'd try pushing the keyboard further left  till your wrist is straight when resting fingers on those keys. Raising your seat till your elbow is in a plane with the keyboard top might help as well.

I didnt think to move the keyboard over, that could help for sure id think

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

8 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I didnt think to move the keyboard over, that could help for sure id think

Yeah, you want to keep your wrists straight, having them bent at a weird angle for an extended amount of time will lead to extra strain.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|