Which Routers capable of 1000 mbps with Wifi for gigabit internet

I have 1 Gb Internet from Xfinity .

when connecting though wi-fi I  never get 1000 Mbps. also got the tp-link ac 1900 a9 and it was disappointing!  it only gave me like 250 mbps max !!! 

I currently have there XB6-T (Xfi) modem/router combo but it still give me 440 mbps nothing near 1000.

IS THERE ANY routers out there that I can connect to my Netgear CM1000 so I can get close to 1000 mpbs download speed though wifi !!??

I appreciate your answers in advanceI appreciate your answers in advance

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1349.HEIC

IMG_1348.HEIC

7 minutes ago, Dr.techie said:

I have 1 Gb Internet from Xfinity .

when connecting though wi-fi I  never get 1000 Mbps. also got the tp-link ac 1900 a9 and it was disappointing!  it only gave me like 250 mbps max !!! 

I currently have there XB6-T (Xfi) modem/router combo but it still give me 440 mbps nothing near 1000.

IS THERE ANY routers out there that I can connect to my Netgear CM1000 so I can get close to 1000 mpbs download speed though wifi !!??

I appreciate your answers in advanceI appreciate your answers in advance

What wifi devices are you using to connect? Most likely none of them are even capable of that speed anyway. You need very minimum 3x3 wifi device at very close proximity to the router.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

wireless AC can run a theoretical maximum of 1331mbps. You can only achieve this under absolutely perfect conditions. Cell phones, walls, other wifi networks, radio signals, fluorescent lights, etc. all stop the signal from working perfectly and slow it down. I always feel like the advertisements aren't quite accurate because achieving true maximum speed is essentially impossible.

I have a TP Link AC-1750 and get 433mbps connection speed between my laptop and the router.

How are you measuring? I guess an equally as important question is why do you care? Once you get above 100 or so it literally isn't noticeable unless you're moving huge files over your network or streaming 4k in at least 6 or 7 spots in your home.

On a side note. If you own your own modem, be sure that you have a nice enough one to actually run your full connection speed. I only have a 60mbps service plan so it was easy to get a cheaper one, you need something quite a bit more expensive.

I am in a 2 bedroom apartment, I tried to use xfinity compatible modem got it refurbished from amazon CM1000 ( Netgear) .

I am measuring it by performing Speedtest.net test , also using DNS as 1.1.1.1

I am using it wirelessly though iPhone XS and MacBook pro ( all ac capable) I have been at a college campus before and achieved 900 mbps download ( wirelessly !!) so why can't I have that at home ?

14 minutes ago, dDave64 said:

wireless AC can run a theoretical maximum of 1331mbps.

Not sure where you got your info from but the Max speed of wireless AC is 2167Mbps 

6 minutes ago, Dr.techie said:

I am measuring it by performing Speedtest.net test , also using DNS as 1.1.1.1

I am using it wirelessly though iPhone XS and MacBook pro ( all ac capable) I have been at a college campus before and achieved 900 mbps download ( wirelessly !!) so why can't I have that at home ?

Is the XB6 configured to run only wireless AC? You may want to check your configuration. The XB6 is more than capable of doing Gigabit over wifi as long as the client can take advantage like the Iphone XS since it has a 4x4 wifi antenna. 

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

7 hours ago, dDave64 said:

wireless AC can run a theoretical maximum of 1331mbps. You can only achieve this under absolutely perfect conditions. Cell phones, walls, other wifi networks, radio signals, fluorescent lights, etc. all stop the signal from working perfectly and slow it down. I always feel like the advertisements aren't quite accurate because achieving true maximum speed is essentially impossible.

I have a TP Link AC-1750 and get 433mbps connection speed between my laptop and the router.

How are you measuring? I guess an equally as important question is why do you care? Once you get above 100 or so it literally isn't noticeable unless you're moving huge files over your network or streaming 4k in at least 6 or 7 spots in your home.

On a side note. If you own your own modem, be sure that you have a nice enough one to actually run your full connection speed. I only have a 60mbps service plan so it was easy to get a cheaper one, you need something quite a bit more expensive.

so which Netgear routers I should get from eBay or amazon to get the highest wifi speed that is close to 900 mbps ? ac 1900 ac 2300 ac 1750 ,? should I change to arris modem and get cat 8 cable ? should I get the Netgear routers R7600 R7000 nighthawk ? what is the max download and upload speed possible with DOCSIS 3.0 ? should I forget about DOCSIS 3.1 and just be happy getting DOCSIS 3.0 ?

I wish if there is a way that Linus would make a video about it or comment on us ! 

3 minutes ago, Dr.techie said:

I wish if there is a way that Linus would make a video about it or comment on us ! 

What speedtest say if you hardwire to a PC?

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

1 hour ago, Dr.techie said:

I have been at a college campus before and achieved 900 mbps download ( wirelessly !!) so why can't I have that at home ?

Your college is probably using something like Aironet Wave 2s or Unifi XG APs. You could do the same at home (not saying you should or that there isn't cheaper/easier options....) They are more involved to configure, require a controller, and are more expensive than consumer APs, and generally absurdly overkill, but will probably be at over 1000mbps if you are close and the end device supports it and there is no interference/you can use all available frequencies.