Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aliairstinger

Mate 20 Pro or P30

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I want to get a Huawei Phone because of the great cameras, battery life, and I also feel bad for the Huawei with the whole US Ban incidnt. I'm stuck between 2 phones, the Mate 20 Pro, or the P30 (Non Pro varient). Which one should I pick up? I want the 20 for the reverse wireless charging, 40 Watt charging, and the curved display, but the headphone on the P30 though (I have a Google pixel Dongle already).

5 hours ago, Aliairstinger said:

I want the 20 for the reverse wireless charging...

The P20 Pro has no support for any wireless charging whatsoever.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

The P20 Pro has no support for any wireless charging whatsoever.

He's talking about the mate 20 pro which does support it I believe

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RMx750 / Storage - 500gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - Razer Ornata / Mouse - Razer Naga Trinity / Headphones - HyperX Cloud 2 (PC) Sony WF1000XM3 (Phone) / Speakers - Logitech Z337 / Phone - iPhone 11 Pro Max

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

He's talking about the mate 20 pro which does support it I believe

Ah. Then i'd pick the Mate 20 Pro in a heartbeat.

The 4200mAh battery and wireless charging is very sexy to me. I value total service life and charging mode redundancy. So it can keep on trucking if the charging port breaks. No headphone jack is not a downer for me because I dont listen to music outside home.

I dont like the curved screen though. Light bouncing off the curve is very distracting, and practically nothing can protect the screen from shattering if it falls screen-first.

I can see the appeal of the P30 for people who want to operate it in one hand, or absolutely needs the headphone jack.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.