Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SRRAE

Website keeps forwarding to track.nuxues.com

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

My browser default home page is the msn.co.uk.  When I click on most news articles msn.co.uk, loads the article for a fraction of a second and then forwards to track.nuxues.com site.  It does this on both Edge and Firefox.

I have bitdefender installed and its not found anything untoward and it only happens on links on the MSN.co.uk site.
Is it likely that I have a virus or it likely its the site with where these articles are hosted?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should grab Malwarebytes to remove malicious applications. You should also remove Firefox extensions you do not recognize by typing about:addons into your address bar.


Make sure to quote me or use @Homeless Pineapple if you want a prompt reply!

 

 

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 | Motherboard - MSI B350M MORTARRAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | GPU - MSI GTX 1070 Ti

Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Case - Thermaltake Core V21 | Storage - 960 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 120GB, MX500 500GB, FireCuda 1TB | PSU - EVGA B3 650W

DisplaysDell S2417DG (x2) | Keyboard - Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Mouse - Corsair Glaive | Sound - AT2035, Scarlett Solo, QC25 | VR - Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Media Server

CPU - Core i5-4570 | Motherboard - Dell PC5F7RAM - Samsung 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Case - OptiPlex 9020 SFF | Storage - BX500 240GB, BarraCuda 2TB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

The only Firefox extension I have is Honey, which I tried a couple of times.  I have installed Malwarebytes and it has found nothing.

Im wondering if I should just reinstall windows to be safe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SRRAE said:


Im wondering if I should just reinstall windows to be safe

 

Let's not go that far. There are steps to try first. Have you tried reinstalling browsers or other browsers besides those mentioned? Have you tried in Safe Mode? What about using your phone on same network? And if you can, using PC on another network.

 

This could be issue with your router, or even ISP. In which case you don't fix it by OS reinstall. Safe Mode is great way to see if it could be software related at all.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be even changed dns by some malware or registry entry that affect every browser you want to use. I can handle with that type of infection (if it is infection), but first try methods recommended by @LogicalDrm.

 

AdwCleaner can find something and made basic repair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Let's not go that far. There are steps to try first. Have you tried reinstalling browsers or other browsers besides those mentioned? Have you tried in Safe Mode? What about using your phone on same network? And if you can, using PC on another network.

 

This could be issue with your router, or even ISP. In which case you don't fix it by OS reinstall. Safe Mode is great way to see if it could be software related at all.

It only happened the day my original post.  The next day it didn't do it on any browser which is making me think it was something else that was compromised. Those news pages are full of adverts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SRRAE said:

It only happened the day my original post.  The next day it didn't do it on any browser which is making me think it was something else that was compromised. Those news pages are full of adverts.

So use AdwCleaner first. If you can't find any suspicious files and malware, you can (as last step) use SpyHunter for analyze (it has not so good reputation, but still - it was the only utility that found that type of malware for me few times; but some experience is needed since SH only detect problems, but not resolve it in free version; anyway, you'll get full info about locations in registry and in filesystem, that should be enough).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Used AdwCleaner and it found nothing untoward.  I installed SpyHunter which again reported nothing untoward.

I ran AdwCleaner again and that recommended uninstalling SpyHunter lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SRRAE said:

Used AdwCleaner and it found nothing untoward.  I installed SpyHunter which again reported nothing untoward.

I ran AdwCleaner again and that recommended uninstalling SpyHunter lol

Yes, uninstall SH as soon as you finish scan and fix problems. But that is unusual - SH always find something that you can fix. It may seems to be unrelated, but sill worth to investigate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Yes, uninstall SH as soon as you finish scan and fix problems. But that is unusual - SH always find something that you can fix. It may seems to be unrelated, but sill worth to investigate.

SH found one thing which wasn't really worth doing anything about.  It was a website cookie which had access to my webcam, which I used to scan a QR code.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×