Stuttering at 100 fps

EL02

When i play light games like minecraft, even though the fps count is 100+ i still get a lot of lag. I've also capped the fps to 75Hz(my monitor's refresh rate).

What I've done:

• Fresh installation of windows 10
  • Installed latest drivers(also tried old ones before installing fresh-windows 10)
  • Updated BIOS to the latest one
  • Set my monitor refresh rate to 75Hz
  • V-Sync On didn't fix the problem

Monitor: Asus VW193D

Any response would be helpful! ?

System specs would be useful.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

minecraft is kinda rough on the CPU, with only a gen 1 CPU to push it, with only 2666 MHz ram for the GPU as well, you might face difficulties in this title. What performance do you see in other titles?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

System specs would be useful.

I've written them in my signature

Yeah, Minecraft isn't actually that light of a game, especially the Java version. It's also entirely possible the stuttering and lag are being caused by the server and/or your internet connection.

Try running a benchmark, see if you get stuttering and if your score lines up with what's expected. Cinebench is free from the Microsoft Store and has both a CPU and GPU test.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

minecraft is kinda rough on the CPU, with only a gen 1 CPU to push it, with only 2666 MHz ram for the GPU as well, you might face difficulties in this title. What performance do you see in other titles?

Yeah, but why does it show 100 fps+? Im not getting it

Im trying to get a stable internet connection at the moment and unfortunately havent tried other titles. 

Yeah, Minecraft isn't actually that light of a game, especially the Java version. It's also entirely possible the stuttering and lag are being caused by the server and/or your internet connection.

Im playing locally/offline.

do this.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

2 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Im playing locally/offline.

Java or Windows Store version?

Java or Windows Store version?

Java

Try running a benchmark, see if you get stuttering and if your score lines up with what's expected. Cinebench is free from the Microsoft Store and has both a CPU and GPU test.

Cinebench score is 1801

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

Yeah, but why does it show 100 fps+? Im not getting it

Im trying to get a stable internet connection at the moment and unfortunately havent tried other titles. 

since there's no definite point of reference with other games, it could be a driver issue

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad