2 diffrent ram sticks

Flummy

Hey y'all just wondering if i can have 2 diffrent ram sticks with the same speed and memory (2133mhz)

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yes. While it's not certain to work together, the majority of the time it will. Both will tend to auto-adjust to match the lowest spec module. 

you have any idea if the Corsair Value DDR4 2133MHz 8GB will work with the Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 8gb ?

Just now, Flummy said:

you have any idea if the Corsair Value DDR4 2133MHz 8GB will work with the Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 8gb ?

That could depend on the motherboard, CPU, specifics for the memory controller and such. It's impossible to say it will work for certain if they're not from the same kit on a QVL.

Most of the time it will. And the closer they are in spec, generally they're more likely to work together. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

That could depend on the motherboard, CPU, specifics for the memory controller and such. It's impossible to say it will work for certain if they're not from the same kit on a QVL.

Most of the time it will. And the closer they are in spec, generally they're more likely to work together. 

welp i dont even know what motherboard i have since i have a prebuilt shit pc :)

Just now, Flummy said:

welp i dont even know what motherboard i have since i have a prebuilt shit pc :)

Even if you knew, I couldn't tell you it would work for certain. 

To put it another way, I've mixed RAM a lot of times, with modules that have pretty significantly different specs and haven't come across a pair that hasn't work together yet, Some have taken a bit of fiddling to get working though. 

I wouldn't hold back from it. They will most likely work together. 

24 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Even if you knew, I couldn't tell you it would work for certain. 

To put it another way, I've mixed RAM a lot of times, with modules that have pretty significantly different specs and haven't come across a pair that hasn't work together yet, Some have taken a bit of fiddling to get working though. 

I wouldn't hold back from it. They will most likely work together. 

can you mix diffrent ram speeds?

Just now, Flummy said:

can you mix diffrent ram speeds?

Yes. They'll auto-adjust to to slowest module's speed.