Jump to content
To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatCoolBlueKidd

Ryzen - Random Freezing & Crashing

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700X (Stock settings)

Asus X370-I (Bios Ver. 3803)

Adata XPG 2x8GB (2133Mhz)

MSI RTX2070 Ventus (Latest Driver, stock settings)

Corsair SF600

Noctua L9a

 

Issues:

Random crashing and freezing. Occasionally just with web browsing but mostly when doing CPU intensive tasks like gaming or exporting videos via Shotcut. Temperatures remain in the 60-75°C range under typical load with all cores at 4Ghz but then the whole computer hangs with the only solution being to restart the system from the case button as everything else has frozen. I've tried everything that comes to mind for me but have never seen this before with Intel CPUS. This is not my build but is instead my friend's and I'm trying to help diagnose the issue. Any help would be majorly appreciated.

 

Crash logs not really an option as the PC hangs and doesn't recover (left it for 4 hours). Included photo of HWMonitor at point of crash.

 

Where have I gone wrong? Could it be something to do with Shotcut, CPU cooler being insufficient, motherboard issue or CPU issue as I can't imagine another reason.

 

Thanks

 

 

IMG_20190921_214933.jpg


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a typical Power Supply or motherboard power delivery failure. RMA under warranty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Mitico said:

Having same problems, you should disable cool n quiet from bios, then from the powerplan options, set minimum cpu load above 50% (default is 5% and this gives problems).. try that and let me know

How do I find this setting?

Just now, 5x5 said:

Sounds like a typical Power Supply or motherboard power delivery failure. RMA under warranty.

RMA the motherboard or the PSU?


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitico said:

Having same problems, you should disable cool n quiet from bios, then from the powerplan options, set minimum cpu load above 50% (default is 5% and this gives problems).. try that and let me know

running the CPU at max clocks won't fix a dead power delivery or power supply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

How do I find this setting?

RMA the motherboard or the PSU?

Both - you can't be sure which one is the cause without testing (by using a known good one). I assume you've already done a clean OS install and updated the BIOS through the Asus BIOS utility (not in Windows and with crap like easyflash). If you haven't - try that first

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Both - you can't be sure which one is the cause without testing (by using a known good one). I assume you've already done a clean OS install and updated the BIOS through the Asus BIOS utility (not in Windows and with crap like easyflash). If you haven't - try that first

I'll try update mobo bios (current Ver 3xxx, latest 5xxx) and can use a known good PSU from my other build which I will try after a bios update.


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

I'll try update mobo bios (current Ver 3xxx, latest 5xxx) and can use a known good PSU from my other build which I will try after a bios update.

Try those first - if the issue is resolved by one or the other - that's good. If not, reinstall the OS and all drivers (chipset, GPU and etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×