Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryzenuser

PC not turning ON

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My PC is not turning on when I press the Power button on the CASE,
I saw few videos, related to this problem, where the suggestion I received was to
 

  1. Try installing a NEW CMOS battery
  2. Check if PSU is working by Paper Clip/stapler pin method.

I tried both of those suggestion, I got a New CMOS battery, removed the pre installed CMOS battery from the motherboard, installed the new one, Then tried switchingON the pc. Still it didn't turn ON.
I removed the entire PSU unit from the CPU CASE, and tested it using Paper CLip method. Since I couldn't get a Paper clip I tried it with Stapler pin, The fans in the PSU started spinning, I think that implies that PSU is perfectly fine.

Now I am confused what might be the problem with my PC.
I even removed my GPU and connected the monitor with Motherboard's display port, still no response,
Yet the RGB components in the Motherboard(ASUS EX 320 GAMING) Glows, when I switch on the Power plug.

My PC is barely a year old.
This is my PC config
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G( disable the VEGA 8 onboard graphics)
Asus Ex 320 Gaming motherboard
Gskill RAM 8GB(1 X 😎
Corsair VS 550
Zotac Geforce GTX 1050Ti
BIOS is latest.

glow.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your power cables, specifically the 24 pin and 4+4 pin to see if they worked loose. Also you could try taking the components out of the case and testing there, where it's easier to see if everything is pluggd in correctly.


Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

 

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/paddy.stone/saved/XyXyXL
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • Main Server - ASrock AB350M Pro 4 - AMD Athlon 200GE - 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM - 240GB Crucial M500 SSD Boot Drive, running Windows 10, plex server - 4x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf HDDs.
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocaphone F1 128GB 6GB RAM
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet
  •  
  • Unused Hardware currently :-
  •  
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo - Thermaltake Core V21-  EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition x2
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Is your BIOS updated to run the APUs?

Yes, I usually update my BIOS.

I installed the latest BIOS released by Asus for the motherboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Are you sure its not a RAM issue?

As you only have 1 stick in there and that can be a big  factor here, Ryzen needs dual channel.

but I have been using my PC with just ONE stick for the past year without any issues,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps, but you didnt specify what speed your ram is at or its exact model.

Perhaps the BIOS update you did was the trigger for it to freak out.

Did you just update the bios?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Perhaps, but you didnt specify what speed your ram is at or its exact model.

Perhaps the BIOS update you did was the trigger for it to freak out.

Did you just update the bios?

my ram model is GSKILL RIPJAWS F4-3000C15S-8GVRB.

Yes I updated my Bios, it was like 2-3 weeks before, even after that update, PC was working fine without any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrm, it could still be bad RAM or dead motherboard.

I mean yes the machine is only a year old but that doesnt matter.

A part can break rather if its old or brand new.

I would see if you can get another stick of RAM, or a dual channel kit.

I mean we ruled out the power supply so next is to see if its the motherboard or the RAM.

The easier to diagnose is the ram so try that first.

Even try the ram in another slot and see if that works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Hrm, it could still be bad RAM or dead motherboard.

I mean yes the machine is only a year old but that doesnt matter.

A part can break rather if its old or brand new.

I would see if you can get another stick of RAM, or a dual channel kit.

I mean we ruled out the power supply so next is to see if its the motherboard or the RAM.

The easier to diagnose is the ram so try that first.

Even try the ram in another slot and see if that works.

moved RAM to another slot, still no response.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It could quite possibly be the PSU, just because it works without load doesn't mean it can't run a PC. I'd turn off all power, unplug the PC and short out the CMOS reset, get a PC speaker and connect it to the board so you can hear the beeps, if you get 3 beeps it means RAM issue (depending on board), the VS550 isn't exactly a good PSU, one of the cheapest nastiest Corsair have ever had on their lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I took the PC to Service center from where I brought the whole thing, even there the condition remained the same , which is PC not turning up after switching on the power button on the case, just the RGB in the Motherboard glows,
So the technician replied motherboard might be faulty he would contact the Asus for claiming the warranty and would notify me after 10-15 days,
But after I got out and took a few steps towards my vehicle I received a Call from the technician who called me back saying that my PC booted,
I went in and I checked , It was working fine, I asked him what he did, He just said the 24 pin from PSU was loose he pressed and interested it harder, and I myself switched off the power cable many times directly and switched it on again in the service center, PC booted, every single time.

So I thought problem was solved ,again traveled back 25 km to my home and tried switching on the PC, in my home.
THE SAME PROBLEM STILL EXIST, I AM WONDERING HOW DID THE PC TURNED ON IN THE SERVICE CENTER,

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, ryzenuser said:

I took the PC to Service center from where I brought the whole thing, even there the condition remained the same , which is PC not turning up after switching on the power button on the case, just the RGB in the Motherboard glows,
So the technician replied motherboard might be faulty he would contact the Asus for claiming the warranty and would notify me after 10-15 days,
But after I got out and took a few steps towards my vehicle I received a Call from the technician who called me back saying that my PC booted,
I went in and I checked , It was working fine, I asked him what he did, He just said the 24 pin from PSU was loose he pressed and interested it harder, and I myself switched off the power cable many times directly and switched it on again in the service center, PC booted, every single time.

So I thought problem was solved ,again traveled back 25 km to my home and tried switching on the PC, in my home.
THE SAME PROBLEM STILL EXIST, I AM WONDERING HOW DID THE PC TURNED ON IN THE SERVICE CENTER,

I'm putting my money on PSU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having exactly the same issue with my 5 month old PC and I'm hoping it's the PSU as well. Switch off PC, power back on, motherboard LED comes on showing power comes through, when I hit the power on switch there's a momentary flash from the LED on one of the fans and then no power, doesn't happen again till I let the power dissapate from the PSU.
Will be testing tonight by firstly, removing everything out the case, re-seating CPU (with some new goop, may as well). Then trying with existing PSU out the case, failing that I'll try my old PC's PSU (Ironically it's more wattage than my new one).


PC Builder, Network Enginner and Gamer
twitch.tv/morpheus_uk
mixer.com/MorpheusUK
Main Specs: i7 9700K, ASUS Prime Z390-P, Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz LPX 16GB, Samsung 970 EVO 250 GB M.2, MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×