Display randomly going black

Keopha

Hello

I’ve had this problem for quite some time now.. I have 2 monitors one in HDMI the other in DVI, and sometimes when I’m on my computer (gaming or web browsing) the screen will turn black on both of my monitors ! I still hear the sound, but no display output.. before it happen I have a little freeze / frame drop and then I hear the noise like when you unplug a USB.

My first thought was that it was the display or the cable that were dead, but why would it happen on both screen at the same time ?

My second thought was that the antivirus could be the problem, but as far as I remember, the problem started before I had the antivirus which is why I installed it in the first place.

Moreover, after this happen and I shut down the computer, when I turn it back on, the screen is still black, even though the computer is on (fans are spinning, leds are shining..)

There is no blue screen or anything, so I don't have crash log or blue screen dump file

It happens randomly regardless of what I’m doing so I’m pretty sure this isn’t the GPU putting itself in some kind of safe mode because the temperature is too high.. it’s not overclocked

and the maximum temp I ever had was 70ºC.

Do you have any idea where this could come from ?

PC Specs

i5 8600k

2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX

Asus Prime Z370-P

Gigabyte 1070Ti Gaming 8G

intel ssd 760p series

seagate barracuda 1 To

550 W PSU (I can't find the brand.. will update when I find it !) 80+ bronze

Windows 10 Home 64 bits

Thank you !