How to change SATA ahci to ide in a laptop with no Native SATA settings in BIOS??

I've HP Notebook - 15-bs617tu, and i want to install windows xp on it

the problem is that installation is giving an error: "The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant"

My laptop have Insyde F.60 BIOS which doesn't give the option to choose between ahci and ide

So, Please somebody help me???? 

45 minutes ago, Ajay Sharma said:

I've HP Notebook - 15-bs617tu, and i want to install windows xp on it

the problem is that installation is giving an error: "The ACPI Bios in this system is not fully compliant"

My laptop have Insyde F.60 BIOS which doesn't give the option to choose between ahci and ide

So, Please somebody help me???? 

That has nothing to do with SATA mode, Windows is telling you the laptop doesn't fully support modern power protocols.

To workaround it boot from the installation disc then when the message pops up to "hit F6 to install additional SATA or RAID drivers" hit the F7 key (yes I did say F7, that's not a typo) and XP should boot into non ACPI mode. Note you might have to hit F7 a few times for it to register. It will look as though nothing has happened, that's normal, it should just skip past the non ACPI error message.

If that doesn't work then reboot and hit F5 instead (at the same place) and you'll be asked to choose a machine type, from the list choose non ACPI compliant.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

50 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Can you set boot mode to "Legacy" in BIOS?

OP is trying to install XP on a machine that isn't ACPI compliant (so supports Windows 98 at the latest). Back in 1998 UEFI didn't exist at all and EFI had only just started being developed, at that point it was still called Intel Boot Initiative.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

20 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

That has nothing to do with SATA mode, Windows is telling you the laptop doesn't fully support modern power protocols.

To workaround it boot from the installation disc then when the message pops up to "hit F6 to install additional SATA or RAID drivers" hit the F7 key (yes I did say F7, that's not a typo) and XP should boot into non ACPI mode. Note you might have to hit F7 a few times for it to register. It will look as though nothing has happened, that's normal, it should just skip past the non ACPI error message.

If that doesn't work then reboot and hit F5 instead (at the same place) and you'll be asked to choose a machine type, from the list choose non ACPI compliant.

I tried the things you told but it showing "Setup did not find any hard disk installed"

What to do now??

21 hours ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Legacy mode is already on, but it isn't working...

4 hours ago, Ajay Sharma said:

Legacy mode is already on, but it isn't working...

Wait, why are you trying to install XP on a modern laptop?

On 9/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, Andrew 1337 said:

My apologies, turns out the laptop is modern after all.

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Wait, why are you trying to install XP on a modern laptop?

My apologies, turns out the laptop is modern after all.

Your assumption seemed to make sense, but yeah; XP on a modern laptop?