Duplicating Display issue when monitor display is off

Strayan_Hades

Hi,

So I've been having an issue with my setup where I like to duplicate my displays from two seperate rooms. First display is a Benq Monitor XL2420G in my Office and the Second is a Sony KDL55W800c TV in my Living Room.

The issue I'm having is when I manually turn off my Monitor and just have my TV on. I get 5 second flicker that occurs twice then a nofication appears saying Nvidia display has been connected. This can occur several times when watching Movies, Games and so on. An I havent found a solution. It also happens when extending the displays aswell.

Not sure if its a power setting on my monitor or a windows / nvidia driver causing the issue.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers.

ok how far away is the tv from your computer..you might be suffering from signal degradation..basicly how long of a cable are you using. you might need a hdmi booster

On 9/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, circeseye said:

ok how far away is the tv from your computer..you might be suffering from signal degradation..basicly how long of a cable are you using. you might need a hdmi booster

About 20m hdmi I've got a booster for another device I can try. I'll keep you posted if that solves the issue.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, circeseye said:

Tried that method, it seems to be the monitor disconnecting / connecting via display port not my HDMI. I've just contact Benq and awaiting a reply.