Need cable for 8-Pin Sata Power 2x4 Wafer Connector

turner850

I am trying to add an SSD to an Industrial Panel PC. The motherboard is a Winmate IK32. 12V is directly connected to the board, so I have no other option.

On page 16 of the manual here: https://dc.winmate.com.tw/_downloadCenter/2018/PPc/9171111K102L_IK32_SBC_User_Manual_V1.0.pdf

There is a 2x4 wafer connector labeled "Sata PWR".. I need a cable that will fit this and go to sata power... Is there anything available? The manufacture is no help.

Also, hope I posted this in the right section, I'm new here :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

All I can find is parts to make a cable like that on Digikey.

If a USB2.0 header fits in that port you could cannibalize that; power handling could be problematic with those wires tho.

12 hours ago, Andrew 1337 said:

All I can find is parts to make a cable like that on Digikey.

If a USB2.0 header fits in that port you could cannibalize that; power handling could be problematic with those wires tho.

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing, I was going to cannibalize a USB 2.0 cable from a trash case.. but one of the pins on a USB 2.0 cable is a blank

8 minutes ago, turner850 said:

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing, I was going to cannibalize a USB 2.0 cable from a trash case.. but one of the pins on a USB 2.0 cable is a blank

Drill it out?

Clamp the USB female header down don't try to hold it, if you go to the hospital with a 1/32" hole in you hand they give you a bandaid/plaster and tell you to get out.

Edit: And wire it like a 3+3.

Edit2: See if you can get away with 4 wires. ?

Edit3: Forget everything these are all bad ideas.

8 hours ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Drill it out?

Clamp the USB female header down don't try to hold it, if you go to the hospital with a 1/32" hole in you hand they give you a bandaid/plaster and tell you to get out.

Edit: And wire it like a 3+3.

Edit2: See if you can get away with 4 wires. ?

Edit3: Forget everything these are all bad ideas.

lol! Thanks for the help! I found what I need.. but from China of course... Really don't have confidence in myself to make my own connectors.

http://www.fleconn-china.com/productinfo-287-JST-2.0mm-Pitch-Double-Dual-Row-PHD-Connector-Wire-Harness.html