Best camera app for the Galaxy S 4 (for cyanogenmod)

Hello everyone!

I have been thinking of installing Cyanogenmod on my Galaxy S 4 for quite some time now. The only thing stopping me is the fact that the camera app is awful.

Is there any third party camera that supports burst mode, has the proper aspect ration in the viewfinder, takes high quality images, supports using both cameras at the same time and does not need you to change between video/photo mode?

I'd be really glad if someone could recommend one to me.

Did you have a look at Focal yet?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

That's sadly not what I want. That's if you want the AOSP camera app (the one that I dislike) running on your stock Galaxy S 4. I would prefer to have it the other way around, the TouchWiz camera working with Cyanogenmod.

Did you have a look at Focal yet?

Yes and I found it to be completely unusable.

Wrong aspect ratio in the view finder.

Very very low quality preview in video mode.

Taking photos in video mode was really slow and awkward (requires you to double tap the screen quickly).

Crashes when I switch from video to photo mode.

No burst mode.

Doesn't let me save to the memory card.

The list goes on.

That's sadly not what I want. That's if you want the AOSP camera app (the one that I dislike) running on your stock Galaxy S 4. I would prefer to have it the other way around, the TouchWiz camera working with Cyanogenmod.

You could look into installing the Switch ROM if you wanted AOSP and touchwiz features it dual boots between them

Apparently it isn't possible because you will need the TW framework for the app to work. http://en.miui.com/thread-8380-1-1.html

Quote me to get a reply!

You could look into installing the Switch ROM if you wanted AOSP and touchwiz features it dual boots between them

I don't want to dual boot. I just want a decent camera app that will work with Cyanogenmod. It seems like all camera apps except the stock one are awful. Is it really that hard to make a decent camera app?

Apparently it isn't possible because you will need the TW framework for the app to work. http://en.miui.com/thread-8380-1-1.html

I know. It doesn't have to be the TouchWiz camera app. Just something that offers similar functionality.

I don't want to dual boot. I just want a decent camera app that will work with Cyanogenmod. It seems like all camera apps except the stock one are awful. Is it really that hard to make a decent camera app?

I know. It doesn't have to be the TouchWiz camera app. Just something that offers similar functionality.

Have you tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.xplod.focal

Yes I have. Here are my issues with it:

Yes and I found it to be completely unusable.

Wrong aspect ratio in the view finder.

Very very low quality preview in video mode.

Taking photos in video mode was really slow and awkward (requires you to double tap the screen quickly).

Crashes when I switch from video to photo mode.

No burst mode.

Doesn't let me save to the memory card.

The list goes on.

Camera JB

You mean this one? Camera JB+. I think I will try this one out instead "Camera KK". Same developer but instead of being based on the Jelly Bean camera it's based on the KitKat one (and it's free unlike the JB version). I don't have high hopes because it is based on the AOSP camera though, which is the thing I am trying to avoid. At least this one has burst mode and can save to the SD card.

You mean this one? Camera JB+. I think I will try this one out instead "Camera KK". Same developer but instead of being based on the Jelly Bean camera it's based on the KitKat one (and it's free unlike the JB version). I don't have high hopes because it is based on the AOSP camera though, which is the thing I am trying to avoid. At least this one has burst mode and can save to the SD card.

the AOSP camera is pretty amazing, i personally like it, if you don't like that try focal

Yes I have. Here are my issues with it:

There is burst mode it works flawlessly for me on my GS4 using CM 10.2.0

the AOSP camera is pretty amazing, i personally like it, if you don't like that try focal

Already tried it and you can find the issues I had with it in my previous post.

There is burst mode it works flawlessly for me on my GS4 using CM 10.2.0

Even with burst mode there are still a ton of other issues I got with it. If you are satisfied with it then that\s great, but I want something better.