AOC 24G2U/BK

edvinasfresh
3 hours ago, Juusuhako said:

Can you say more about the IPS glow? This is probably the biggest reason I'm considering a VA monitor instead. I've read from people who swore they would never buy IPS again after playing/watching dark games/scenes in a dark room.

I'd say that everyone has their own opinion and there certainly is some IPS glow, still mostly I don't watch movies that are very dark, nor game in very dark settings, so for me personally the glow is a minor downside. I prefer it over some lower end TN-s problems 100%.

I edit my posts more often than not

Quick comparison in almost complete darkness:

24G2U glow:

6dee8da39e1cc11c5742496f252ff507-full.jp 

Agon AG272FCX6 glow

c496dcbe90365b390054185599cdb7ab-full.jp 

9 hours ago, Zaseth said:

AOC 24G2U has GSYNC support.

no, thats just freesync to work with newer nvidia gpu

Hey guys, I got my 24g2u today, and I am very happy overall. I love the stand and all its pivot and tilt and height adjustment capabilities. 

I enabled Freesync-Gsync mode thingy and changed brightness down to 60 and contrast up to 52. I turned on Overdrive to Medium, and I am stunned by this monitor. I checked some basic color calibration and everything looks awesome!

If you want me to test something specifically just tell me. Provide me the link or the instructions on what to test and I can do that for you. 

Cheers,

Martin

Just now, cracmeister said:

Hey guys, I got my 24g2u today, and I am very happy overall. I love the stand and all its pivot and tilt and height adjustment capabilities. 

I enabled Freesync-Gsync mode thingy and changed brightness down to 60 and contrast up to 52. I turned on Overdrive to Medium, and I am stunned by this monitor. I checked some basic color calibration and everything looks awesome!

If you want me to test something specifically just tell me. Provide me the link or the instructions on what to test and I can do that for you. 

Cheers,

Martin

Its just come up on CCL in the UK for £179 in stock. 3-5 working days delivery. I am very tempted to purchase it. 

Would you be able to tell me if the red ring on the stand is removable? I dont want any red in my setup so i would like to remove it or paint/vinyl wrap it.

Also the included stand looks very similar to what dell include with monitors like the p2417h. If you have a dell stand laying around, would you be able to test.

Thanks

Gershy13

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

3 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

Its just come up on CCL in the UK for £179 in stock. 3-5 working days delivery. I am very tempted to purchase it. 

Would you be able to tell me if the red ring on the stand is removable? I dont want any red in my setup so i would like to remove it or paint/vinyl wrap it.

Also the included stand looks very similar to what dell include with monitors like the p2417h. If you have a dell stand laying around, would you be able to test.

Thanks

Gershy13

Hey, doesn't look like this red ring can really come of. It is plastic though, so I suppose u can just like get in there with a flathead and try to pop it off or something, though not quite sure about that. There is also a subtile amount of red at the bottom of the monitor frame. I have no Dell monitor at my place, but this monitor is Vesa 100x100, so you could swap the monitor stand. 

But taping/wrapping the red ring is the best solution I think. The red accent on the monitor frame however would be quite difficult to wrap i imagine. Weirdly this accent thing is angled to the bottom. And as it has some kind of metallic effect it almost looks black to me in my lit up room. Also the bottom red ring is a little shiny, and it kinda blends in with the black of the stand.

Just now, cracmeister said:

Hey, doesn't look like this red ring can really come of. It is plastic though, so I suppose u can just like get in there with a flathead and try to pop it off or something, though not quite sure about that. There is also a subtile amount of red at the bottom of the monitor frame. I have no Dell monitor at my place, but this monitor is Vesa 100x100, so you could swap the monitor stand. 

But taping/wrapping the red ring is the best solution I think. The red accent on the monitor frame however would be quite difficult to wrap i imagine. Weirdly this accent thing is angled to the bottom. And as it has some kind of metallic effect it almost looks black to me in my lit up room. Also the bottom red ring is a little shiny, and it kinda blends in with the black of the stand.

Oh i forgot. the monitor stand ships in 2 pieces. the bottom part is seperated from the top. I think this makes it fairly easy to wrap/paint, etc.

7 minutes ago, cracmeister said:

5 minutes ago, cracmeister said:

Oh i forgot. the monitor stand ships in 2 pieces. the bottom part is seperated from the top. I think this makes it fairly easy to wrap/paint, etc.

Ok, thank you very much. Ill probably get it and see if i notice the red, and if i do then ill wrap it... cant be too hard.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

Another video review - 

On 10/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, cracmeister said:

Cheers,

Martin

Is the IPS glow noticeable in a well lit room? Im considering in buying this monitor but if its too distracting, Id rather go with the AOC GsomethingPX

Got my 24g2u today as well. All i can say, is that moving from 60hz TN panel without freesync to 144hz IPS panel with freesync is something amazing. This monitor is a god blessing lmao.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:36 AM, edvinasfresh said:

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-24g2u-24g2/ new pcmonitors review. just ordered mine.:D

Now in Youtube video by PCMonitors too:

Better in vidoe format, the review, I don't like reading thngs thoroughly...

Anyone have 27 inch, can't decide which to get, both are same price now in my country. 24 have better ppi, but 27 is bigger. I sit when gaming 1,2 m and when working smth like 60-80 cm. I need for text to be ok too, it's not only for gaming. 

• 3 weeks later...

around 3:11 he mention something like "native 6 bit rather than native 8 bit" 

anyone could explain impact of this?

The colors are dithered to create an effect of 8-bit. (6bit+FRC)

Didn't bother me but it might not be as uniform as one would want. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with this monitor (my friend's one actually) right now.

It's kind of a weird problem :

• at 60Hz, there is some kind of "wave" effect on it, like falling horizontal lines. It's really hard to see this, but on dark wallpaper (like the old  Windows 10 default one), it's visible.
  • at 144Hz, no lines at all, work perfectly

Wouldn't be a problem, except that my friend use it for her computer, and her PS4, which needs to switch do 60Hz ?

We already tried to switch it to another one (I work in the shop where she bought it), but no luck. Same problem, maybe even worse.

We got other AOC monitors in the shop, and none of them have this behavior at 60Hz, the only difference in spec is the IPS panel. TN and VA works flawlessly at 60Hz, that's my only clue about this.

Did anyone of you had this problem? Is it due to some "shady" settings in the monitor?

18 hours ago, DigiMat said:

Did anyone of you had this problem? Is it due to some "shady" settings in the monitor?

I had no such problem, but I did not test on gray background.