AOC 24G2U/BK

edvinasfresh

Hey guys, what do you think about this monitor? There's no reviews online, since it just came to the shops, and i'm wondering if that would be a good purchase.

Would be running this with vega 64 and ryzen 5 2600.

Some specs of the monitor:

1920x1080, 144hz, 1ms MPRT, IPS. Here it costs 180 euros new.

Link to the monitor full info:

https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/24g2u-bk/specs

I'm actually about to buy this! It's perfect for me, a good mix of professional monitor with the IPS panel and competitive gaming with the 1080p 144hz 24".

The reason there are no reviews it's because it's a new model I think, at least it only has stock in 23th Sept.

The thing is.. where the hell did you find it for 180€? I found it in Spain for 250€.

13 minutes ago, dryogo said:

I'm actually about to buy this! It's perfect for me, a good mix of professional monitor with the IPS panel and competitive gaming with the 1080p 144hz 24".

The reason there are no reviews it's because it's a new model I think, at least it only has stock in 23th Sept.

The thing is.. where the hell did you find it for 180€? I found it in Spain for 250€.

Here in Lithuania, all retailers have it around 180 euros, same in Poland, since they get stuff from warehouses that are located in Poland.

I'm really interested in this product, need to replace my S24D330 (60hz overclocked to 75hz and enabled freesync in 30-75hz range somehow threw CRU xD)

Anyone on the forum get his/her hands on this monitor? It is an 24 inch, 1920x1080, IPS,144hz monitor, and it just released in Poland. I cant find any info on amazon or newegg or any reviews/opinions.If you get it please tell hows the smearing looking at 144hz. 

9 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Anyone on the forum get his/her hands on this monitor? It is an 24 inch, 1920x1080, IPS,144hz monitor, and it just released in Poland. I cant find any info on amazon or newegg or any reviews/opinions.If you get it please tell hows the smearing looking at 144hz. 

You can always buy and write the review first! :D 

This is some kind of review in a language that i dont understand:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62852635?from=search&seid=5851587990299119576

and this one:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64182997/

14 minutes ago, edvinasfresh said:

and this one:

its not a in depth review, everything looks fine to me. (no idea what 2nd is talking about without subtitle)

if its 1300rmb, you may wait a bit for price to settle

I am also looking for reviews but so far I only found a user review on Reddit

3 hours ago, edvinasfresh said:

and this one:

Thank you for this. I read at the comments (after translating) that the nativr response time is not 1ms but 4ms? But by dimming or something it can be 1ms?

i really need a good review of this screen.. don’t want to wait much longer, my pc is coming this friday.

1 hour ago, Jony77 said:

I am also looking for reviews but so far I only found a user review on Reddit

Thank you for this. I read at the comments (after translating) that the nativr response time is not 1ms but 4ms? But by dimming or something it can be 1ms?

i really need a good review of this screen.. don’t want to wait much longer, my pc is coming this friday.

as far as i can understand with my limited knowledge about this computer, it will not be 1ms, probably not even in best case scenario. it's cheap monitor, you basically can't expect those features with that price.

According to some reddit posts i've found about this panel, Acer VG240Y uses the same one. Redditors say, that the monitor is rated at 7.5ms GTG, but again, GTG is not a good way to measure ms as far as i know. I guess we will have to wait a bit more for more in-depth reviews.

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

really hope this is a better monitor for cheap

but since it used 1ms MTRP...its intended to mislead us

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/why-moving-picture-response-time-mprt-specs-can-be-misleading-and-where-1ms-mprt-is-sometimes-abused/

it looks like a decent monitor even if it's not 1ms. 1080p IPS&144hz for 170euros is a good deal in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Zaseth said:

I made an account just so I can reply on this.

I've bought this monitor for 190 euros yesterday and it's a great monitor. I'm living in the Netherlands fyi. I'm definitely suggesting this monitor to be well worth for it's price.

Welcome to the forum! Could you please tell more about this monitor? Like build quality, how it feels in games, the colors, and etc? Thanks for your time.

So would it be better to get the AOC G2590PX instead? That’s a TN panel and it says 1ms and not 1MRPT.

I’ll still wait for an in-depth review.. shouldn’t take too long now.

1 minute ago, Zaseth said:

The build quality is great. The stand is made of metal and just clicks in place. It's sitting sturdy and won't wobble. The colors are great as well. The brightness should definitely be turned down as the factory standard is super bright. It's a great monitor for it's price. 

What about backlight bleed? Freesync range, 144hz tests, have you tried any of that?

4 minutes ago, Jony77 said:

So would it be better to get the AOC G2590PX instead? That’s a TN panel and it says 1ms and not 1MRPT.

I’ll still wait for an in-depth review.. shouldn’t take too long now.

If you want lowest ms, you go with TN panel and highest hz you can afford. As far as i'm aware.

2 minutes ago, Zaseth said:

I haven't tested but I only tested if it's 144hz and it passed. I've played some Battlefield 5 and it's looking good as I used to own a 60hz TN display. I can't really tell much about it.

when buying, did you compare it with AOC G2590 ? 

15 minutes ago, Zaseth said:

I haven't tested but I only tested if it's 144hz and it passed. I've played some Battlefield 5 and it's looking good as I used to own a 60hz TN display. I can't really tell much about it.

Well thanks for your time. Looks like this monitor is worth some money. If you notice any more advantages or disadvantages of this monitor, let us know:)

Also looking to get a 24" 144hz 1080p IPS monitor, do people recommend this? What about compared to the Acer VG240YP?

I can't seem to find any of these in the UK tho.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

10 hours ago, edvinasfresh said:

and this one:

Thank you for those links!

I don't understand a single word, but I can assume guy is satisfied with everything except those "hidden" menu buttons. :D

I just hope someone (tftcentral?) will do serious review soon. This seems to be excellent entry level 144Hz IPS if it doesn't have some serious issues.

58 minutes ago, GarfieldsField said:

Thank you for those links!

I don't understand a single word, but I can assume guy is satisfied with everything except those "hidden" menu buttons. :D

I just hope someone (tftcentral?) will do serious review soon. This seems to be excellent entry level 144Hz IPS if it doesn't have some serious issues.

You can always translate and look at the comments of that video. For example in Lithuania, the monitor was in stock in all retail shops. Today those monitors are not available and prices went up at one. Lol.

Ordered the AOC 24G2U the day it was listed in the shops in Estonia.

I like it - a bit of IPS glow is the biggest downside, which says alot as is other terms it's very good.

Got it yesterday, and can't decide which is better 24G2U or my other monitor AG272FCX6.

Colors out of the box were good, compared to some other monitor I've had, just selected sRGB mode form the monitor menu and it's fine.

Edit: Actually no sRGB, Normal setting has better saturated colors.

I edit my posts more often than not

15 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

I like it - a bit of IPS glow is the biggest downside, which says alot as is other terms it's very good.

Got it yesterday, and can't decide which is better 24G2U or my other monitor AG272FCX6.

Colors out of the box were good, compared to some other monitor I've had, just selected sRGB mode form the monitor menu and it's fine.

Do you notice any difference in the response time of the 24G2U compared to your AG272FCX6? Both are 1 ms with different panels. I am curious if the 24G2U really gets the 1 ms GtG and how the input lag is

The performance difference is in my opinion miniscule.

The 24G2U has tad bit better colors, but perhaps it's a matter of calibration.

Both my monitors have MSRP 1ms and 5ms typical iirc. And they behave more similar than I would hgave thought.

I edit my posts more often than not

18 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Can you say more about the IPS glow? This is probably the biggest reason I'm considering a VA monitor instead. I've read from people who swore they would never buy IPS again after playing/watching dark games/scenes in a dark room.