PG279q overclocking issue 144hz to 165hz

LGoon

Hi, I am having an issue with a new pc build i just finished. I'm attempting to overclock the PG279q to 165hz through the OSD. When overclock is turned on and set at 165hz there is no option in windows adapter settings or nvidia control panel for anything over 144hz. Also it still shows 144hz in the OSD when 165hz is checked.

The manual states this, " After reboot, test the new Max Refresh Rate by enabling it in the NVIDIA Control Panel. If you don’t see an image, disconnect the DP cable and use the monitor OSD to try again with a safer Max Refresh Rate. ". I have tried that with ever refresh rate down to 150hz and nothing changes, the only thing that shows in nvidia refresh rate drop down is 144hz.

I have a second 144hz monitor but i have even tried unplugging it and it does not help. Also im running a 2080ti ftw 3 ultra.

Can anyone help me with this issue or has anyone had similar issues?

Do you get the restart notification on the OSD?

After setting the overclock to 165Hz, the monitor should prompt you for a reboot (of the monitor).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Additionally to what @wkdpaul said, I have that monitor and that GPU. I had issues when using an aftermarket cable. Are you using the one that came with it?