Recommended WiFi 6 adapters?

Harry Voyager

So from what I'm hearing, WiFi 6 seems to have the key parts to allow solid multiplayer gaming over wifi, but I'm not finding much on what good WiFi 6 adapters are out there yet. 

I'd been planning on eventually setting up a wired connection to my router, but due to the way things are laid out where I live, that's going to mean at few days climbing around in the attic to run cables. (Once to measure, once to lay the line five time to remove and relay the line because I got the lengths or what not off etcetcetc) If an adapter can get me comparable connection without having to play rolly-polly the acrobat I'd rather get the card. 

So what are the current good cards for WiFi 6? Where does one go for reviews of them? I'm assuming there are good ones but it's our of my normal realm of computer experience. 

Thank you, 

Harry Voyager 

There really aren't many, the Intel AX200 is the most common and has recently passed certification so should be a fairly safe bet.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

25 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

It's not really going to matter too much, I'd just let the technology mature a bit.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just get a PCIe to M.2 key E, and stick an intel AC 9260 in it. AFAIK its the same thing as the AX200, with the 160mhz band and all.

11 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Just get a PCIe to M.2 key E, and stick an intel AC 9260 in it. AFAIK its the same thing as the AX200, with the 160mhz band and all.

Doesn't it need an antenna? Also, it doesn't seem to list 802.11ax support, only ac? 

17 hours ago, Harry Voyager said:

Doesn't it need an antenna? Also, it doesn't seem to list 802.11ax support, only ac? 

You need to buy an adapter, which should come with antenna, also Its basically 802,11 as it can acess 160ghz bands

17 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

The 9260 is AC WiFi 5, the AX200 is AX WiFi 6.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

17 hours ago, Harry Voyager said:

Yes.

Seems like by that point I'm approaching the cost of the pre built catds. 

I think for the moment I'll just keep using the usb dongle WiFi I've got until I'm ready to rebuild the home network to WiFi 6.

How long should I expect the tech to need to mature? The dongle works for most things, though I get warping in multiplayer DCS. 

5 hours ago, Harry Voyager said:

ech to need to mature?

Possibly years. Because look how long it took to get AC in to all devices. When phones, tablets, laptops and such start coming with WiFi 6 in them, then id say the standard has matured. As it stands the first gen stuff is starting to come out now. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.