To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

What is the new VHS(VRS) Technology in games?

I think what you're looking for is called VRS, Variable Rate Shading

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I saw many people talking about VHS Technology in games but then when I google it I don't find any related results to what I am searching for, so instead of googling it would you please tell me what is the new VHS Technology that everyone is talking about?

7 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

So I saw many people talking about VHS Technology in games but then when I google it I don't find any related results to what I am searching for, so instead of googling it would you please tell me what is the new VHS Technology that everyone is talking about?

Pretty sure you have either misunderstood something or the people were trolls.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Perhaps link a place where they were talking about it?

I saw many Youtube videos describing it quickly like talking about it for like 10 Seconds of the video then go to another point, which is really not enough for me to understand, So there was no video that was no video talking about VHS in specific, And giving a link would be almost impossible since I already cleared my youtube history...

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Pretty sure you have either misunderstood something or the people were trolls.

Are youtubers like Gamers Nexus trolls?

Just now, InfinityVive said:

Are youtubers like Gaming Nexus trolls?

if you heard it from gn and cant find it anywhere on the internet, let alone back up what you said, then you probably misheard it and it isnt a thing

2 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Are youtubers like Gamers Nexus trolls?

Then it's the other option: you misunderstood something.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

BTW, that VHS technology they were talking about, they said it is like a new rendering system in games with makes the CPU and GPU only render stuff the the play can see which gives a performance boost, that's all I know about, I just hope someone gives me more knowledge about that technology

BTW, that VHS technology they were talking about, they said it is like a new rendering system in games with makes the CPU and GPU only render stuff the the play can see which gives a performance boost, that's all I know about, I just hope someone gives me more knowledge about that technology

...that's kinda how many games work, especially on the GPU side of things. They typically only render what can be seen unless there's a reason not to. Whether or not that data is kept in RAM is another story, but many games typically only render what can really be seen, especially when it comes to older console games.

Local asshole and VHS collector. Less than avid Team Fortress 2 player.

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

...that's kinda how many games work, especially on the GPU side of things. They typically only render what can be seen unless there's a reason not to. Whether or not that data is kept in RAM is another story, but many games typically only render what can really be seen, especially when it comes to older console games.

I know which technology he's talking about.
Doesn't have anything to do with VHS tapes tho :D 

Now, if I just remembered the bloody name of it... :s 

Aaaaaand now I know the mistake I did, How can I delete this topic FFS?

Let it stay.

Learn from it.

Grow from it.

Become stronger from it.

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

What was this mistake lol, I really want to know what you meant by VHS.

The mistake is that I thought that the name of that technology is VHS, now I know that it is not called VHS

The mistake is that I thought that the name of that technology is VHS, now I know that it is not called VHS

But what is it called lmao, that's everyone's question...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Let it stay.

Learn from it.

Grow from it.

Become stronger from it.

What kills you doesn't make you stronger

THIS TOPIC IS KILLING ME

how can I delete it?

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

THIS TOPIC IS KILLING ME

how can I delete it?

If you die from making a mistake, you need to grow a fucking spine.

THIS TOPIC IS KILLING ME

how can I delete it?

Those who attempt to erase the past are doomed to repeat it.

But you can always report the thread and beg a mod to delete it.

Posted · Best Answer

I think what you're looking for is called VRS, Variable Rate Shading

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, WereCatf said:

If you die from making a mistake, you need to grow a fucking spine.

This topic is not a mistake, this topic is a Disaster...