PlanetSide Arena has finally released to Steam Today September 19th, 2019

Paul Rudd

PlanetSide Arena is now FREE on Steam. Just released today so get on it.

Arena2.gif.9813ff0c577649653f122edd1a75a899.gif

classes2.gif.4a0bd79b38f9edb0ee8f025c0a0d3053.gif

arms.gif.d5700e5d12c535754e302d504c1f1de4.gif

scale2.gif.88fb5c49a1f33cf385297a06780e04e8.gif

And make sure you keep these in mind when setting up the game, especially the CPU and RAM as shown underlined in neon...

planare.png.jpg.87bcab90919f29475c71daea68a59f70.jpg

K cool, but where is the HALO Master Chief collection? It was supposed to be released in the summer, still not out...

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

10 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

K cool, but where is the HALO Master Chief collection? It was supposed to be released in the summer, still not out...

The latest word is still that it's coming soon. The current focus is on getting the PC version of the collection right.

The plan is for each game in The Master Chief Collection to be released separately. It's not yet confirmed whether that means that these games will need to be purchased separately or if there will be a bundle option available. There's also no word regarding the price of the games.

They have confirmed that the first game to be released on PC as part of this collection will be Halo Reach. Reach was not included in the Xbox One version of the collection, so it's a surprise addition to the list of incoming ports. It will also be made available on Xbox One at a later, unspecified date. Once Halo Reach is released for PC, 343 will roll out the remaining Halo games in chronological order. Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo 4.

Halo The Master Chief Collection's public testing has been delayed on PC. Originally expected to be released in early 2019, 343 Industries has stated that they've encountered some challenges along the way in terms of porting the game to PC. The long and short of it is that the nature of these challenges mean that they do not know when public testing will begin, but they intend to update everyone as soon as possible. 

There is also still no word on when the first part of the Master Chief Collection for PC will launch.

2 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

The plan is for each game in The Master Chief Collection to be released separately. It's not yet confirmed whether that means that these games will need to be purchased separately or if there will be a bundle option available. There's also no word regarding the price of the games.

There is a bundle available, you can add it to your wishlist on steam.

But the real question is if there will be a physical copy, because i would definitely buy it!

14 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

It's just a farce. It'll suffer the same fate as Halo Online. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

There is a bundle available, you can add it to your wishlist on steam. But the real question is if there will be a physical copy, because i would definitely buy it!

Definitely will not be a physical copy as that is pretty pointless in 2019. I'd say that's only possible in the distant future when creating something for die hard Halo fans.

I just found out a few more things. Looks like each Halo game is gonna be roughly $10.00 each, with the full collection coming after the release of Halo 4. Multiplayer tests have already taken place for MCC, but recently a MCC beta has been delayed due to bugs. Once those are fixed we can also look forward to playing on Forge maps from Halo 3, 4, and Reach, as well as “industry-leading anti-cheat” tech for MCC.

Oh and here's an hour of gameplay in Halo Reach for PC if you haven't watched it already...

6 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

It's just a farce. It'll suffer the same fate as Halo Online. ;)

What do you mean here? Still playing Halo Online myself.

11 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Looks like each Halo game is gonna be roughly $10.00 each, with the full collection coming after the release of Halo 4

You sure? My understanding was that you can buy the master chief edition on steam right when it releases, and as new games come out, they are added to your account?

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

You sure? My understanding was that you can buy the master chief edition on steam right when it releases, and as new games come out, they are added to your account?

99% sure. What made you come to that understanding?

23 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

What do you mean here? Still playing Halo Online myself.

Have you been pulling a Patrick Star? Microsoft killed it. ElDewrito may exist but Halo Online is officially dead.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

17 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

What made you come to that understanding?

Hope mostly, some desperation, maybe even just dreaming.

Idk, it is just how i imagined it, because the "collection" is already up on steam.

I buy the collection for like 80€, and i will receive all the games when they release.

32 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Have you been pulling a Patrick Star? Microsoft killed it. ElDewrito may exist but Halo Online is officially dead.

It's resurrected every time you get a group of friends to play with. It's still up and running flawlessly.

24 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Hope mostly, some desperation, maybe even just dreaming. Idk, it is just how i imagined it, because the "collection" is already up on steam. I buy the collection for like 80€, and i will receive all the games when they release.

So a figment of your imagination, I see. You won't be able to buy the full collection until all the games have been released. I'm not 100% on that but I am 99% on it.

11 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

It's resurrected every time you get a group of friends to play with. It's still up and running flawlessly.

That doesn't change the fact that OFFICIALLY it is dead...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Isn't this a battle royale thing? I heard they were doing that.

2 hours ago, Intransigent said:

The latest word is still that it's coming soon. The current focus is on getting the PC version of the collection right.

They have confirmed that the first game to be released on PC as part of this collection will be Halo Reach. Reach was not included in the Xbox One version of the collection, so it's a surprise addition to the list of incoming ports. It will also be made available on Xbox One at a later, unspecified date. Once Halo Reach is released for PC, 343 will roll out the remaining Halo games in chronological order. Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo 4.

Halo The Master Chief Collection's public testing has been delayed on PC. Originally expected to be released in early 2019, 343 Industries has stated that they've encountered some challenges along the way in terms of porting the game to PC. The long and short of it is that the nature of these challenges mean that they do not know when public testing will begin, but they intend to update everyone as soon as possible. 

There is also still no word on when the first part of the Master Chief Collection for PC will launch.

I've seen videos recently with people testing the firefight mode or whatever. 343 have said they're working on trying to get it to play at unlocked framerates in at least 21:9 and possibly multi-monitor setups with FOV adjustment, and a bunch of graphical options, yadda yadda.

Also I'm pretty sure you buy the collection and the games are added as they're released.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

So a figment of your imagination, I see. You won't be able to buy the full collection until all the games have been released. I'm not 100% on that but I am 99% on it.

Well then it's not a collection if it's one at a time is it?

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

That doesn't change the fact that OFFICIALLY it is dead...

Officially, you can still play it. Hope this helps. It's a comment intended to be helpful.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Also I'm pretty sure you buy the collection and the games are added as they're released.

What do you base being pretty sure on exactly?

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Well then it's not a collection if it's one at a time is it?

The collection will be available to purchase once all the Halo games are released. After Halo 4, as mentioned above. Hope this helps. It's a comment intended to be helpful.

3 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Officially, you can still play it. Hope this helps. It's a comment intended to be helpful.

What do you base being pretty sure on exactly?

The collection will be available to purchase once all the Halo games are released. After Halo 4, as mentioned above. Hope this helps. It's a comment intended to be helpful.

Hmm. Gamespot seems to agree that it's $10 per game, minus ODST at $5. That's a stupid way of doing a collection and makes it double the price of the Xbox version. Not much of a collection, which is generally sold as a group, when you have to buy each individually. For that price, it better fix the issues with Halo 1 at least, instead of just a straight port of Gearbox's shitty broken port, and have all the features that should be included in a major game now.

That's like asking people to buy a box set of a series, but they have to buy each season individually instead of as a box set, and the first season has a bunch of visual glitches.

#Muricaparrotgang

20 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That's a stupid way of doing a collection

People in charge of video games have always been stupid. That in itself guarantees it being done in a stupid way. Hope this helps. It's a comment intended to be helpful.