Upgraded pc, now cpu fan ir seems is pulsing

TerTer

So upgraded mobo msi gaming plus max, cpu ryzen 3600 stock cooler, gpu sapphire 5700 pulse, psu corsairs rmx 650. Case fan, but turned it off still same. When idling inhear pulsing up and down. Msi command center shows cpu fan this https://m.imgur.com/a/d7uvDY2 might it be bad gan curve? Tried adjusting the blue dots, still getting same, under load all gone:( please help

There is no overclock, just installed new components in old case.

Can it be i installed cpu cooler not tight enough? Temps on idling jumping 36-45 celsius? When tightening cooler i heard on few screws spring sound and stopped, but maybe too lose?:/

Just checked cpu stays at 3.8-4ghz when doing nothing

Bios is the one that come with board, did not make changes

12 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Can you jiggle the cooler around or is it firm in place?

Its firm, does not move, but thought maybe too little presure for termal paste to be effective:/ dont know, going on crazy ideas as annoying pulsing:/

Just now, TerTer said:

Its firm, does not move, but thought maybe too little presure for termal paste to be effective:/ dont know, going on crazy ideas as annoying pulsing:/

When you tightened it did you follow the correct pattern? I am thinking you might have uneven pressure.

17 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

When you tightened it did you follow the correct pattern? I am thinking you might have uneven pressure.

Tried:/ short question can i unscrew a bit and screw in again in diagonal pattern without reapplying termo paste?:/ or need to get termo paste to reapply?

19 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

I think now that i think 1 or 2 screws were harder to turn and did not go so tight on other 2:/ will check when im at home.

How much preassure tightening might be too much?

2 minutes ago, TerTer said:

I think now that i think 1 or 2 screws were harder to turn and did not go so tight on other 2:/ will check when im at home.

How much preassure tightening might be too much?

New thermal paste is ideal but not necessary.

It is hard to describe what is too tight, but the main thing is even pressure; every spring should be evenly compressed. Tighten opposite corners one turn each then swap corners.

3 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

It is hard to describe what is too tight, but the main thing is even pressure; every spring should be evenly compressed. Tighten opposite corners one turn each then swap corners.

Ok, will try to adjust when back home, will report back

4 hours ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Tightened cooler pulsing was still there, but though cant be, listened very close and sound was pulsing, but come hear cooler, started to unplug old hdd disks and what you know, one of them is pulsing, i feel so stupid for not noticing it earlier. Time to order new hdd.

12 minutes ago, TerTer said:

Tightened cooler pulsing was still there, but though cant be, listened very close and sound was pulsing, but come hear cooler, started to unplug old hdd disks and what you know, one of them is pulsing, i feel so stupid for not noticing it earlier. Time to order new hdd.

Are the CPU temps still jittery?

Yeah still jumping, but as noise is not bad anymore, i can live with that, but strange still