Uplay on MacOS

Is there anyway to download uplay launcher on MacOS, 

my friend wants to play ghost recon in breaks with me but he has a MacBook Pro for school

is there any way he can download Uplay and play Ghost Recon Wildlands with me?

3 minutes ago, Hyper_panda369 said:

is there any way he can download Uplay and play Ghost Recon Wildlands with me?

Yes, by buying a real laptop.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, by buying a real laptop.

He brought a Mac

cant afford one

4 minutes ago, Hyper_panda369 said:

He brought a Mac

cant afford one

Bootcamp, like @5x5 there mentioned, is a way of letting one run Windows on a Mac. That's pretty much your buddy's only option. That said, if your buddy wants to play games, he bought an entirely wrong device for that as Macs don't really have the hardware for gaming -- this is to say, Ghost Recon may not run very well on it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

38 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Bootcamp, like @5x5 there mentioned, is a way of letting one run Windows on a Mac. That's pretty much your buddy's only option. That said, if your buddy wants to play games, he bought an entirely wrong device for that as Macs don't really have the hardware for gaming -- this is to say, Ghost Recon may not run very well on it.

he has a home Windows Desktop

but he brought a MacBook Pro for school because it was eaiser for him to use, he didnt plan on playing games at school, but we have alot of free periods so he is very bored and wants to play games.

I will get him to use boot camp, and he is get him to get a external ssd to put it all on 

https://www.codeweavers.com/products

crossover is a commercial version of WINE. The community does a lot of games. 

I see Uplay listed as working well with it, 

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/uplay

but that doesn't mean Ghost Recon itself does..more research would need to be done.

I've played lots of games over the years on macs thru crossover or even in a parallels install....depends on the game and the mac how well it works though.

Also search for WINESKIN (a noncommercial WINE project that does game ports)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

1 hour ago, Hyper_panda369 said:

he has a home Windows Desktop

but he brought a MacBook Pro for school because it was eaiser for him to use, he didnt plan on playing games at school, but we have alot of free periods so he is very bored and wants to play games.

I will get him to use boot camp, and he is get him to get a external ssd to put it all on 

Before he goes doing all that. Verify that the hardware in the Mac book pro is enough to run the game. Apple is not known for using the most highest end hardware in those machines. Id be more concerned with the GPU. Many games from what I have seen thru Steam, state that they DONT support Intel iGPU's, in their system requirements. Thats not to say the game wont work, but its just not supported by the developer. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.