Aio gpu cooling and vrm

Hi guys another day another question, this time I'm considering aio cooling my gpu (gigabyte 1080 G1) and I happen to have a spare cooler master master liquid 120 lite.

If I can use the brackets/find a way to mount it etc. Would the vrm's be OK exposed? 

My case it a custom desk build with x2 120mm intakes and x3 120mm outtakes, so air flow is good.

P. S whilst on the subject does anyone know of a front plate as such that would cover the front side of the pcb leaving gaps for the chips and vrm etc?

Thanks in advance

EDIT

For example JayzTwoCents says in this video at 02:00 you can have them exposed! 

Does he mean exposed with air flow from the pc case itself or exposed with a fan blowing directly on it like the Kraken G12 thing?

27 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Would the vrm's be OK exposed? 

most likely not. also you should probably heatsink the memmory aswell. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

most likely not. also you should probably heatsink the memmory aswell. 

Just to be clear you mean the memory on the gpu as well as the vrm's? Just trying to see if I can find a cheaper alternative than a £100+ waterblock. 

19 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Just to be clear you mean the memory on the gpu as well as the vrm's?

yes. its not super neccesary, but i wouldnt run it without it. you can get small heatsinks to place on them

20 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Just trying to see if I can find a cheaper alternative than a £100+ waterblock. 

you can get a morpheus aircooler for like 70£ if im not misstaken. and thats just as good as an AIO while not having the radiator hazzle and getting all the heatsinks to cool all the components. 

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

yes. its not super neccesary, but i wouldnt run it without it. you can get small heatsinks to place on them

you can get a morpheus aircooler for like 70£ if im not misstaken. and thats just as good as an AIO while not having the radiator hazzle and getting all the heatsinks to cool all the components. 

Thanks I'll look that up, do you have any link for those heats sinks, either I can't find any or I'm just not using the right search 

1 hour ago, aka John Caesar said:

Thanks I'll look that up, do you have any link for those heats sinks, either I can't find any or I'm just not using the right search 

Look up memmory heatsink GPU.

Should come up. Or gddr5 memmory heatsink. 

The Morpheus comes with them. 

59 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Look up memmory heatsink GPU.

Should come up. Or gddr5 memmory heatsink. 

The Morpheus comes with them. 

Ok thanks for that