Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aka John Caesar

Aio gpu cooling and vrm

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys another day another question, this time I'm considering aio cooling my gpu (gigabyte 1080 G1) and I happen to have a spare cooler master master liquid 120 lite.

If I can use the brackets/find a way to mount it etc. Would the vrm's be OK exposed? 

My case it a custom desk build with x2 120mm intakes and x3 120mm outtakes, so air flow is good.

P. S whilst on the subject does anyone know of a front plate as such that would cover the front side of the pcb leaving gaps for the chips and vrm etc?

 

Thanks in advance

 

EDIT

For example JayzTwoCents says in this video at 02:00 you can have them exposed! 

 

Does he mean exposed with air flow from the pc case itself or exposed with a fan blowing directly on it like the Kraken G12 thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Would the vrm's be OK exposed? 

most likely not. also you should probably heatsink the memmory aswell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

most likely not. also you should probably heatsink the memmory aswell. 

Just to be clear you mean the memory on the gpu as well as the vrm's? Just trying to see if I can find a cheaper alternative than a £100+ waterblock. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Just to be clear you mean the memory on the gpu as well as the vrm's?

yes. its not super neccesary, but i wouldnt run it without it. you can get small heatsinks to place on them

 

20 minutes ago, aka John Caesar said:

Just trying to see if I can find a cheaper alternative than a £100+ waterblock. 

you can get a morpheus aircooler for like 70£ if im not misstaken. and thats just as good as an AIO while not having the radiator hazzle and getting all the heatsinks to cool all the components. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

yes. its not super neccesary, but i wouldnt run it without it. you can get small heatsinks to place on them

 

you can get a morpheus aircooler for like 70£ if im not misstaken. and thats just as good as an AIO while not having the radiator hazzle and getting all the heatsinks to cool all the components. 

Thanks I'll look that up, do you have any link for those heats sinks, either I can't find any or I'm just not using the right search 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aka John Caesar said:

Thanks I'll look that up, do you have any link for those heats sinks, either I can't find any or I'm just not using the right search 

Look up memmory heatsink GPU.

 

Should come up. Or gddr5 memmory heatsink. 

 

The Morpheus comes with them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
59 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Look up memmory heatsink GPU.

 

Should come up. Or gddr5 memmory heatsink. 

 

The Morpheus comes with them. 

Ok thanks for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×