Weird bug - PotPlayer crashes at start to play..?

dgsddfgdfhgs

just to share what happened to my potplayer..

Pot Player just pops up a split sec & gone when I double clicked the movie file (of any format)

without playing anything, it can be opened and I did reset to default & no diff, reinstalled> same. no problem with win media player / youtubes.

What I did to trigger it (I think): 

switched monitor from 1080p to 4K tv , switched to wireless mouse/ keyboard/ gamepad.

and same result after switching back to 1080p monitor & wired stuffs

Try different renderer. PotPlayer has lot of video settings (and others too), it may be related to codecs selected in config etc.

You may try to install new PotPlayer (even the same version) over the top of your existing PotPlayer installation - at the end installer asks if you want to download additional codecs (yes, you want) and detect H/W config - and this detection can help.

There is a way to figure out what causes problems with PotPlayer - just check every option in config related to video and audio (including all kind of accelerations etc.). You may backup your current config and then change half of options (then another, then another) until you find that one which causes problem.

If you're not so experienced and don't like using configuratiuon - try GOM Player, it has lot of options too, can play videos very good (for sure better than overrated VLC) but is less complex.

19 hours ago, homeap5 said:

If you're not so experienced and don't like using configuratiuon - try GOM Player, it has lot of options too

I turned away from gom becoz of ads.

FYI the 32bit potplayer somehow worked, just weird

3 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I turned away from gom becoz of ads.

FYI the 32bit potplayer somehow worked, just weird

I never saw any ads in GOM (except installer).

And of course 32bit works - because it is separate install and new config file. Install 64 bit again and it will work too.