Why Are There No 32" IPS 120hz Monitors?

vigorstick

I've been using a 1080p 32 inch 60hz TV for over 3 years now and I'm thinking it's finally time to upgrade to a proper gaming monitor and a new graphics card to go along with it.

There's one little problem though, I can find neither 1080p nor 1440p 32 inch 120hz IPS monitors. I've spend several hours over the past couple of days looking for them but all I get are 32 inch VA panels or 34 inch ultrawides. The only 32 inch IPS panels I've found don't go higher than 75hz. I see plenty of 27 inch monitors with my desired specs but I'm used to my larger screen size and I sit further back than most when using my PC, sometimes even further from a bed, so I'd like to keep the same screen size. 

Why don't these kinds of monitors exist? Certainly they must available for purchase somewhere, maybe some fancy foreign company?

If you're coming from a 32" tv, just get a VA panel. It will be a huge upgrade for you. 

Would ips be better? Sure, if you really want slightly better viewing angles and colour. A VA panel will give you better picture quality though with 2-3x the contrast and better colour saturation 

50 minutes ago, Viper98 said:

If you're coming from a 32" tv, just get a VA panel. It will be a huge upgrade for you. 

Would ips be better? Sure, if you really want slightly better viewing angles and colour. A VA panel will give you better picture quality though with 2-3x the contrast and better colour saturation 

I forgot to mention that I need it to be IPS because I will be doing some artwork as well as movie-watching with multiple people, so the color accuracy and viewing angles are important. 

Maybe I should just get an ultrawide 1440p monitor instead, but damn they're so expensive... 

46 minutes ago, tarsius said:

ASUS ProArt PA32UCG

That's a 4K monitor. I'm looking for 1080p or 1440p. 

23 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

That's a 4K monitor. I'm looking for 1080p or 1440p. 

Why not UHD? You can use it as FHD with scale factor 2.

23 minutes ago, tarsius said:

Why not UHD?

Because he games on it. 4K gaming still has a high entry fee to enter. Its a hell of a lot easier to push 1440p if you want a higher resolution than 1080p. The OP would have to get one of the Highest end gaming cards to support it on top of the price for the monitor. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Because he games on it. 4K gaming still has a high entry fee to enter. Its a hell of a lot easier to push 1440p if you want a higher resolution than 1080p. The OP would have to get one of the Highest end gaming cards to support it on top of the price for the monitor. 

Exactly, 4K is way over budget for me.

You know what also sucks? So many monitors having anti-glare coatings which distort the colors and ruin all the IPS goodness. Why is this such a complicated process man :(

2 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

Exactly, 4K is way over budget for me.

You know what also sucks? So many monitors having anti-glare coatings which distort the colors and ruin all the IPS goodness. Why is this such a complicated process man :(

See I dont deal with color correcting. So as long as its IPS  and 1080p at least, Im good. 

You ever thought about dual screening it? If the TV for instance works for gaming. Look for a panel to do color work on. If the TV works well for color work, then get a gaming monitor. I have two monitors and if I figure out the logistics, I have a 3rd one as well. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

22 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

See I dont deal with color correcting. So as long as its IPS  and 1080p at least, Im good. 

You ever thought about dual screening it? If the TV for instance works for gaming. Look for a panel to do color work on. If the TV works well for color work, then get a gaming monitor. I have two monitors and if I figure out the logistics, I have a 3rd one as well. 

Yeah I could do that, but that would mean having to have a setup where one screen has good color accuracy but both have poor refresh rates, or one screen that has good refresh rates but both have poor color accuracy. I would like my gaming monitor to have vibrant colors as well. Especially when playing indie games with amazing artwork.

Maybe I could just try to remove the anti-glare coatings. But then that would mean having to take apart the monitor and void the warranty, unless the monitor is bezel-less. Fuck's sake...