Sp120 questions

2raw

Hello everyone, I have a 460x with 4 sp120 rgb fans and 4 in-series corsair rgb strips, 1 fan rgb hub and the commander pro. Thinking about getting the pc 011 dynamic for more space and water cooling.
Question 1: how would I go about using 9 sp120 fans plus the 4 strips and have it work on the icue software? Do I need another commander or another rgb hub?

Question 2: On newegg or says the sp120 rgb's are individually addressable but in the icue software it only has option to apple effect to the fan as a whole, not the 8 individual rgbs.

Thanks

take some splitters. 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

I have 9 LL120s and this is how i got it to work

RGB

6 LL120s -> RGB Hub 

-> One commander Pro(it has two ports for rgb hubs to attach to)

3 LL120s -> RGB Hub 

So, you need 2 RGB Hubs and one commander pro to power the RGB of 9 RGB Corsair Fans.

Power

You can skip this if you want to power the fans through the motherboard, but using this, you can change the fan speed and the RGB through the same corsair software(icue/link)

LL120 -                                                                  - LL120 + LL120(combined with a 1 to 2 PWM fan splitter. It is not recommended to go above 1 to 2)

LL120 - Commander Pro(it has 6 PWM fan slots) - LL120 + LL120(combined with a 1 to 2 PWM fan splitter. It is not recommended to go above 1 to 2)

LL120 -                                                                  - LL120 + LL120(combined with a 1 to 2 PWM fan splitter. It is not recommended to go above 1 to 2)

AFAIK, You cannot go above 6 fans and still have RGB strips. I've asked Corsair about using more commander pros/ using a commander pro + a lighting node pro and they said that it was not supported, and it would not be guaranteed to work.

4 hours ago, _d0nut said:

I have 9 LL120s and this is how i got it to work

RGB

6 LL120s -> RGB Hub 

-> One commander Pro(it has two ports for rgb hubs to attach to)

3 LL120s -> RGB Hub 

So, you need 2 RGB Hubs and one commander pro to power the RGB of 9 RGB Corsair Fans.

Power

You can skip this if you want to power the fans through the motherboard, but using this, you can change the fan speed and the RGB through the same corsair software(icue/link)

LL120 - Commander Pro(it has 6 PWM fan slots) - LL120 + LL120(combined with a 1 to 2 PWM fan splitter. It is not recommended to go above 1 to 2)

AFAIK, You cannot go above 6 fans and still have RGB strips. I've asked Corsair about using more commander pros/ using a commander pro + a lighting node pro and they said that it was not supported, and it would not be guaranteed to work.

Ah ok, so I'd have to ditch the strips. Maybe I can use them with the motherboards rgb header although it has limited effects.maybe il do 6 rgb fans and strips and have 3 non rgb fans pulling ontop through radiator.