High-End WQHD 144hz 32" Curved Display for about $650

Allptraum1989
1 minute ago, Allptraum1989 said:

I think i am going for a curved monitor... despite the motion blur. If it ticks me off too much, ill just return it.

I am currently unsure wether i should go for the ASUS XG32VQR https://amzn.to/32OiHeU as it actually has quite good test results or the MSI Optix AG32C https://amzn.to/32Qw4eG.

Actually, nevermind. I'm definetily not going for the MSI Optix AG32C... it is 1080p... on 32"... wtf

Can't go for an ultrawide because there is not enough space on my desks because i have three (then four) monitors

By "good test results" i mean, a bit disappointing for the money but seems to be still better than the competition

2 minutes ago, Viper98 said:

All of the reviews I've seen state the opposite. Most say that it has next to no blur and about the best colour on a VA panel. 

Sadly i can't compare it to anything. I've seen only it and can only compare it to my 60hz ips at home.

27 minutes ago, Viper98 said:

All of the reviews I've seen state the opposite. Most say that it has next to no blur and about the best colour on a VA panel. 

There are some Amazon reviews mentioning blur issues. It's going to be user/game dependent for most part.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

34 minutes ago, Allptraum1989 said:

I think i am going for a curved monitor... despite the motion blur. If it ticks me off too much, ill just return it.

I am currently unsure wether i should go for the ASUS XG32VQR https://amzn.to/32OiHeU as it actually has quite good test results or the MSI Optix AG32C https://amzn.to/32Qw4eG.

Actually, nevermind. I'm definetily not going for the MSI Optix AG32C... it is 1080p... on 32"... wtf

Can't go for an ultrawide because there is not enough space on my desks because i have three (then four) monitors

1080p at 32"... no way. I just wouldn't!

As for the XG32VQR, also not a great choice... 

I honestly think one of the initial LG or MSI suggestions would be better for you, or look at some IPS options, but you run the risk of bleed/glow issues with any IPS monitor.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

13 minutes ago, atomicus said:

I honestly think one of the initial LG or MSI suggestions would be better for you, or look at some IPS options, but you run the risk of bleed/glow issues with any IPS monitor.

As bad as the $650 asus screen? Damn, it looks like someone fucking dropped it.. linus..?  (pic from amazon review)

51vQe1A+DwL._SL1600_.jpg

1 minute ago, Allptraum1989 said:

As bad as the $650 asus screen? Damn, it looks like someone fucking dropped it.. linus..?  (pic from amazon review)

51vQe1A+DwL._SL1600_.jpg

14 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Will watch this vid once i get home from work.

Yea, ill ditch curved if curved means ghosting PLUS Backlight Bleeding

It does seem that curved VA panels suffer worse with bleeding than the flat ones, which is annoying as one of the main reasons to go with VA in the first place is to avoid these bleed issues that so often plague IPS monitors. Regardless, the takeaway from that video is that HDR 400 is simply junk. Shameful that standard was even allowed tbh, and the way monitor manufacturers are taking advantage of consumers with it is utterly deceitful.

15 hours ago, atomicus said:

It does seem that curved VA panels suffer worse with bleeding than the flat ones, which is annoying as one of the main reasons to go with VA in the first place is to avoid these bleed issues that so often plague IPS monitors. Regardless, the takeaway from that video is that HDR 400 is simply junk. Shameful that standard was even allowed tbh, and the way monitor manufacturers are taking advantage of consumers with it is utterly deceitful.

i am aware that hdr400 is basically just "hdaren't". But it still is the revisit of the last model. Small improvements here and there. Why buy the old version when theres a newer one for little more money? I mean, sure, HDR400 is bullcrap but it won't hurt if it is there and never activated... is it?

lmao My local electronics store must have gone mad.

I got in there, "hey, i'm looking to buy a 32" wqhd 144hz gaming display and heard those often suffer from strong ghosting and sometimes blb. I was wondering if i could have a look at them?"

Then they proceeded trying to sell me 3 different 1080p 60hz 24" displays... Talking about how utterly high-res 1080p is.

Afterwards the same shop assistant bragged about having overclocked some processor in an ultra-formfactor (the size of a small cereal box) to a constant 5ghz and how the 4k 120hz asus rog is a "creators display" and how his gpu "i think it was a R530?..) could totally run any game on it...

well, that was an experience