Galaxy S9 not turning on after being in water

Been like a day since I got my s9, was on a heavy Gaming session that got my phone hot, so afterwards I thought that "oh yeah this phone's waterproof" so put it in a room temperature mug of water vertically with water level just covering the top of the phone. The screen was on, chroma started on its own, after being in the water for 5-8seconds I took it out and placed it on my bed. Then realized screen was off, pressed power button, realized phone itself was off. I long pressed the power button to turn it on but nothing's working. I opened the Sim tray and checked the Liquid Damage Indicator but I should be safe as thats white with red x patterns. The phones been set aside for an hour and I currently see moisture in the back camera, flash and heart rate sensor. I'm scared to try to charge it as I think it might further damage it.

EDIT: I riced it for 16hrs plugged it in, it was charging till 100% used it a bit, ran Antutu Benchmark was fine and everything. Then I turned off the screen and noticed the Always on display not showing, I unlocked it with the fingerprint even heard the sound but screen was blank, pressed power button heard the sound unlocked with iris scanner heard unlock sound, got messenger notification sounds aswell. After a few mins picked it up again was pressing buttons and trying the screen was on but at minimal brightness with a warm tone, I thought I set the bluelight filter so went to turn it off but it wasnt on, brightness was also at medium according to the slider, changed it but it didnt affect the screen, then the screen suddenly turned up in brightness with faded colors, then again jumped back to the lower brightness warm tone with a flicker then went blank and unresponsive again. What do I do?

but it in a bowl of rice. it should draw out any water, ive heard a similar story and that fixed it. 

Splash resistant doesn’t mean dunk it in a mug of water...

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

The fact that you see water in the camera probably means it is really quite compromised. Although @GrockleTD is correct and the phone should not be submerged, I am surprised that water was able to get to these locations after only 8 seconds. Is the phone almost as new, the screen is not cracked ,phone hasn't had any significant drops or ever been opened up for repair?

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Just because it has an IP68 rating doesnt mean you should soak it. Its probrably too late by now but if you really want to get the back glass off as soon as possible and disconnect the battery and give the internals a 99% Isopropyl alcohol bath 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

2 hours ago, GrockleTD said:

Splash resistant doesn’t mean dunk it in a mug of water...

The specs say IP68 certified which means there shouldnt be a problem till 1.5metres for 30mins knowing this I dunked it

Im freaking out over here so please Id rather prefer contributing comments

38 minutes ago, Rupe said:

The fact that you see water in the camera probably means it is really quite compromised. Although @GrockleTD is correct and the phone should not be submerged, I am surprised that water was able to get to these locations after only 8 seconds. Is the phone almost as new, the screen is not cracked ,phone hasn't had any significant drops or ever been opened up for repair?

phone new, screen uncracked, never opened or dropped

6 hours ago, The Illuminazi said:

The specs say IP68 certified which means there shouldnt be a problem till 1.5metres for 30mins knowing this I dunked it

Im freaking out over here so please Id rather prefer contributing comments

The IP68 rating is very specific and tested under laboratory conditions with very clean water. But what's done is done. Is it still under warranty? Do you have insurance on it? I'd file a claim if you do. If not, you can try doing the rice thing but when you noted that you can see water in the back camera lens, then that tells me water did find a way inside. You can try taking it to a shop to see if its salvageable, or do it yourself if you're handy, but honestly I'd say it's done for. Look at JerryRigEverything's video teardown of the S9, if water can be seen there in the camera then its already touching all your sensitive components.  

The phone will cool off on its own fine, no need dunk it in water :PI always take these ratings, even the waterproof ones, as accident protection like dropping it in a puddle or something. As long as a device has ports and holes, I'll not take my chances with letting water near it. I'd turn it completely off and leave it in rice or something else to draw out water for a while, maybe a couple of days even.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB