OnePlus 7 Pro : the perfect smartphone?

I'm watching a MKBHD video about X phone. Oh, there it is. He compares it to the OnePlus.

I'm watching a LinusTechTips video. Oh, he ALSO compared the phone he's reviewing to the OnePlus.

And this youtuber too. And that one.

Every youtuber seems to have fallen in love with the 1+7 Pro. It's not hard to see why: the hardware is perfect, I can hardly see how it could be improved. The software is also perfect, everyone claims it's the fastest Android phone you can get.

What's there left to improve at this point?

Find a way to get a 6000 mAh battery in it somehow? Hardcore instagram people will say the camera could be better, but realistically, it's already more than what most people ask for anyway.

And the damn thing is like half the price of a Samsung or Apple flagship, all of which look worse with their garbage notches and their 60hz screens.

So, is there any phone to pick over the OnePlus 7 Pro ? 

1 minute ago, 7412 said:

Including Price, No
Excluding price, Note 10+
Just because, Any PC running Android_x86

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Came from the OnePlus 3T, have owned the 7Pro for a while now and can't think of anything negative to say about it. Oh, I can say it sucked that you could only get the top line model in nebula blue only. :P

I honestly think the only thing they could add is an official IP rating, though that costs money and excluding it probably helps keep the price down somewhat.

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro, and there definitely are a few issues. This is what I can think of right now.

Hardware:

- The curved screen is pointless and obtrusive.

- No magnet/whatever thingy to turn off my screen when I close my phone case and turn it on when I open my case. REALLY big bummer this.

- I keep touching the camera with my fingers, if they'd placed it up just a little bit higher it would've been fine.

- The screen rotation sensitivity is shit.

Software:

- Some important software things that I could do on my OnePlus One I no longer can do here.

- The way to open the camera app from the lockscreen is relatively useless.

- The notification tray is annoying (and white) and doesn't (always/properly) allow you to "slide open" notifications so you can read what's inside without opening it.

- The recent apps menu thingy (the third button on the bottom of your screen :P) is terrible (one app at a time? Bleh.).

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

The hardware on the OnePlus is hardly perfect. I'd say the screen is bordering on too large. The phone is massive. Yet, with all that real estate, they only put in a 4000mah battery? Why? Should have been at least a few hundred mah more. Personally I'd rather pick up a Note10, for a couple hundred more, that has more functionality.

I'm surprised they haven't bothered to introduce a smaller phone. Something in the 6" range, for those that don't want a colossally massive device.

As for a better phone?

Asus ROG II is better in nearly every aspect.

iPhone 11, obviously, if you want the Apple ecosystem.

The 7T comes out in less than 2 weeks. It'll obviously be better than this.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

"Asus ROG II is better in nearly every aspect."

True. But you neglect one big fact: it's the single most disgusting-looking phone on the market right now. It looks like complete and utter garbage, like a toy.

7 minutes ago, 7412 said:

"Asus ROG II is better in nearly every aspect."

True. But you neglect one big fact: it's the single most disgusting-looking phone on the market right now. It looks like complete and utter garbage, like a toy.

It's the Republic of Gamers phone, did you expect it to not look like a super gamer phone? IMO it looks quite nice for being a ROG product, they've toned them down a good bit lately. At least it's not super gamer stuff like older MSI laptops and such were. If you really can't get over the looks then just get the next best phone, if you have to have the hardware the ROG phone does then I guess you just suffer with the looks, or beg dbrand to find a way to hide it for you.  

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

54 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's the Republic of Gamers phone, did you expect it to not look like a super gamer phone?

Razer is a gamer company. Razer is also a company that doesn't make their products look like trash. The more time passes, the less "gamery" their products look and it's for the best. Time for Asus to do the same.

1 minute ago, 7412 said:

Razer is a gamer company. Razer is also a company that doesn't make their products look like trash. The more time passes, the less "gamery" their products look and it's for the best. Time for Asus to do the same.

Razer has a whole different design style to ASUS. The Republic of Gamers line has alway been gamery, because as the name denotes its a "MLG Gamer" centric line of products. Razer is more a wannabe Apple with more green and worse QC. My point is that every single ROG product I've ever seen has had the whole gamer aesthetic, I'm confused as to why you think the phone should be any different. 

And really unless you're heavily gaming on the phone, the higher refresh screen is really the main difference you'll notice performance wise between it and the next best flagship. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 hours ago, 7412 said:

I mean, if you want a more capable camera, you've gotta stick with Google, Apple, or even Samsung. If you want something more budget friendly, believe it or not, you can get a Galaxy S10 or S10e for cheaper than the OnePlus 7 Pro. If you want something really budget friendly, you can get a much better camera out of the Pixel 3a, or if you need the specs, the Redmi K20 Pro doesn't look like a joke.

There are definitely reasons to not go with the OnePlus 7 Pro, but it's still an absolutely fantastic phone.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

21 hours ago, huilun02 said:

The perfect phone for you could be the worst possible phone for someone else.

Spittin' truth over here.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:02 AM, huilun02 said:

The perfect phone for you could be the worst possible phone for someone else.

I know, I have a BlackBerry lol

On 9/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, 7412 said:

Maybe the Vivo NEX 3, It should start around $700 with more of a screen curve, a headphone jack, a 4500 mAh battery, a 44 watt charger so it's competitive with the OnePlus 7 Pro.