My 9700KF voltages at 5.0Ghz?

Gerr

I recently upgraded my gaming PC to a 9700KF & EVGA 280mm CLC.  I had an EVGA Z370 mATX mobo already, which doesn't have video out, so the "F" CPU was an obvious choice.  CPU is NOT delided.

On the CLC, I have the pump running at full all the time and the fan curve is *(-10%), so my fans are running at 50% when the CPU hits 60*, and so forth.  I normally run the fans equal to the temp, but these fans are fast and loud, so reduced them.

During my OC testing, I discovered that my CPU seems happy and stable(so far) running at 5.0Ghz and the voltage bounces between 1.320-1.328v (after playing with adaptive voltage & setting vdroop to min in bios) with average temps in the right around 70* with spikes to the upper 70's.  This was tested via OCCT's non-AVX medium data-set test.  I don't use an AVX offset, and during AVX tests done by transcoding multiple Blu-Ray rips via Handbrake, my CPU seems stable bounding between 1.328-1.336v with temps about 3-5* higher than non-AVX tests.

Are these voltages & temps normal/good?  Also considering bumping the multiplier to 51 and bump the voltage enough to keep it stable, then setup a AVX offset of 1.  Not sure if that's a good idea or not yet.  Thoughts?

Anything else I could do to reduce temps and/or voltages or fine tune the OC any?

It’s ok to get temp spikes even up into the high 80s or low 90s occasionally as long as you maintain averages of 80c or under. If you are still uncomfortable with the temps you can always try under clocking your cpu.

It's less being uncomfortable with the temps and more that this CLC is loud and I am trying to quiet it down some.  I am on the same page as you, as long as my AVERAGE temps remain below 80* and my spikes don't hit 90*, I am fine.

EVGA's BIOS doesn't seem to have an LLC, so just using the vdroop settings along with my target adaptive voltage to hit the real voltages the CPU needs.  No issues using minimal vdroop as long as it's not off?  My target adaptive voltage is 1.365v, but the minimal vdroop setting reduces that to the voltage I have listed in my original post.

Just looking for some advice on tweaks to help make it running as cool and quiet as possible while maintaining at least a 5.0Ghz speed.

Personally if you're <80°C you're golden. Voltage doesn't do so much harm to CPUs as excessive heat does. Keep the heat in check and you show be able to tweak the voltage as much as you like (within reason).

If you keep pushing the voltage up you may hit a point where you must go sub-ambient just to keep the chip from immediately popping.

The CPU already seems to be running on a lower than normal voltage as I read 1.35v seems to be the average.  Anyone know what the lower range of voltage is for this CPU as I will slowly lower it over time until it becomes unstable.  Once I have identified it's golden voltage, I might try bumping it to a 51x mult, probably with a -1 AVX offset and see what happens.