Any reason why AMD adrenaline Software would cause performance issues?

JRidley09

So I've just performed a refresh on my laptop to get rid of a performance issue I've been having. I've tested games like cs go and Black ops 2 on the laptop after the refresh and every was working fine, 60+ fps with no stuttering. My problem arose when i connected my laptop to an external monitor, the resolution and scaling were messed up so i installed amd's adrenaline software to fix it, which it did. but now my fps has taken a hit and there is stuttering every few seconds.
I have adjusted all of Amd's Setting for best performance and nothing is working. My fps isn't always low it goes up and them goes down and repeats, sorta like reving a car engine repeatedly. 

Laptop Specs:
HP 15-f387wm
CPU: A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics
Ram: 12 gb, 10.9 usable & 1024 mb allocated for gpu

Probably overheating. You were running Windows basic display drivers which can't really utilize the GPU fully so heat wasn't an issue before. Now that the card is going to its max power state, it's likely hitting a thermal or possibly power ceiling

After the refresh i still had my Radeon R5 graphics listed in device manager which is kinda weird but basically if i installed Adrenaline software prior to the refresh, i would have my GPU listed in device manager after the refresh, However if i uninstalled Adrenaline software prior to the refresh, i'd have windows basic display driver.

Basically my only fix is to perform a refresh with adrenaline software installed which is where i'm currently at. That way i can utilize my GPU without the performance issue. Everything is going fine except i need adrenaline software in order to configure display settings.