Second hand EVGA 1070ti

Turbof1

So I was in the market to score a second hand 1070, when I came across a second hand 150 euro's (USD 166) 1070 Ti (offered at 210 euro's, haggled down to 150).

Given this isn't a scam (seller is active multiple years and has good reviews) and the card is not damaged (I will be sure to bring a USB stick along with some sort of stress test program; please give me advice on good, portable free stresstest programs!), is this a good buy? The buy still has to go down

Unigine Heaven is one of the easiest and best one to get a load on it and test it and make sure its all good. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It's an excellent deal. Just make sure you run Unigine Heaven and the latest version of GPU-Z. The first should detect performance problems and the second should detect a spoofed vBIOS.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's an excellent deal. Just make sure you run Unigine Heaven and the latest version of GPU-Z. The first should detect performance problems and the second should detect a spoofed vBIOS.

Nice, thank you for the good advice. I did buy second hand graphic cards in the past, never got scammed, but given this is rather a higher end card with prices on second hand websites floating around the average of 250 euro's for the none-Ti version (which is ironic given you can get new 1070 cards on amazon for under 200 euro's), I want to be doubly sure. The seller looks trustworthy (and relative close to where I life), just don't want to take any chances.

i'd say unigine (heaven/superposition/valley) for stressing, gpu-z to check if it's real and maybe 3dmark if you want to test performance

and for the love of god, don't use furmark

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

and for the love of god, don't use furmark

Yes, all those poor ground up animals, and for what, a benchmark software? Shameful. 

/s

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

14 hours ago, Turbof1 said:

Nice, thank you for the good advice. I did buy second hand graphic cards in the past, never got scammed, but given this is rather a higher end card with prices on second hand websites floating around the average of 250 euro's for the none-Ti version (which is ironic given you can get new 1070 cards on amazon for under 200 euro's), I want to be doubly sure. The seller looks trustworthy (and relative close to where I life), just don't want to take any chances.

I've bought a crap load of stuff used, and in my experience, GPU's are the safest thing to buy used from someone local.  If there's something wrong with it, the seller is more likely to be unaware of that beforehand, rather than them trying to cheat you.While online places like eBay have no shortage of scammers, when you're meeting face to face the person is more likely to be unaware that they sold you something bad.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I've bought a crap load of stuff used, and in my experience, GPU's are the safest thing to buy used from someone local.  If there's something wrong with it, the seller is more likely to be unaware of that beforehand, rather than them trying to cheat you.While online places like eBay have no shortage of scammers, when you're meeting face to face the person is more likely to be unaware that they sold you something bad.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I did have a 1050 send over once; I figured for the price and given the seller had a good reputation I wouldn't be risking anything. Turned even out it was a 1050 Ti, which was a nice surprise as it was not advertised as such. Just to underline what you said: sellers are often unaware of what they even have!

I'll be meeting up the guy next Tuesday to test out the card and if everything goes right, to seal the deal. I'll make a quick update then, maybe also add in some tips and tricks for others for buying second hand.