Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turbof1

Second hand EVGA 1070ti

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I was in the market to score a second hand 1070, when I came across a second hand 150 euro's (USD 166) 1070 Ti (offered at 210 euro's, haggled down to 150).

Given this isn't a scam (seller is active multiple years and has good reviews) and the card is not damaged (I will be sure to bring a USB stick along with some sort of stress test program; please give me advice on good, portable free stresstest programs!), is this a good buy? The buy still has to go down

Unigine Heaven is one of the easiest and best one to get a load on it and test it and make sure its all good. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

It's an excellent deal. Just make sure you run Unigine Heaven and the latest version of GPU-Z. The first should detect performance problems and the second should detect a spoofed vBIOS.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's an excellent deal. Just make sure you run Unigine Heaven and the latest version of GPU-Z. The first should detect performance problems and the second should detect a spoofed vBIOS.

Nice, thank you for the good advice. I did buy second hand graphic cards in the past, never got scammed, but given this is rather a higher end card with prices on second hand websites floating around the average of 250 euro's for the none-Ti version (which is ironic given you can get new 1070 cards on amazon for under 200 euro's), I want to be doubly sure. The seller looks trustworthy (and relative close to where I life), just don't want to take any chances.

i'd say unigine (heaven/superposition/valley) for stressing, gpu-z to check if it's real and maybe 3dmark if you want to test performance

and for the love of god, don't use furmark

PSU Tier List (simplified)//PSU tier list (advanced)//Motherboard VRM list//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Seasonic Focus issues//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3500 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)  PSU: CX550m

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: C2D E8400  RAM: 2x2+2x1 gb DDR3   HDD: 4x Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI 1TB   PSU: Acbel 320w 80+ gold

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8460p

Spoiler

CPU: I5-2540m  GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+4GB 1333 mhz DDR3   SSD: mx500 250gb  Screen: TN 768p

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

and for the love of god, don't use furmark

Yes, all those poor ground up animals, and for what, a benchmark software? Shameful. 

/s

Spoiler

Behesda PC:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

motorbored: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero

Graphics: PNY XLR8 gaming GTX 1060 3GB

Memeory-Rams: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200

SSD’s: 256GB 860 EVO, 2TB WD Blue SATA m.2

PheadHones: SteelSeries Arctis 5’s (in white!)

MacroPwn: Blue yeti nano

Keybored: Logitech G413 Carbon

Moose: Logitech G502 Hero

Monitor: 1600x900 21.5 " Gateway monitor

PSU: Corsair RM 650X

Spoiler

CrumpleBox:

CPU: i5-6400

Mobo:

Memory:

HDD:

GPU: GTX 770 with an Original titan cooler

PSU:

Cooling:

Spoiler

T.R. (ThirdRig)

CPU:i5-6400

Motherboard:MSI b150m mortar

Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133

HDD: Hitatchi 320GB

GPU: GTX 770

PSU:TT 700W RGB

Case: TT V 21

14 hours ago, Turbof1 said:

Nice, thank you for the good advice. I did buy second hand graphic cards in the past, never got scammed, but given this is rather a higher end card with prices on second hand websites floating around the average of 250 euro's for the none-Ti version (which is ironic given you can get new 1070 cards on amazon for under 200 euro's), I want to be doubly sure. The seller looks trustworthy (and relative close to where I life), just don't want to take any chances.

I've bought a crap load of stuff used, and in my experience, GPU's are the safest thing to buy used from someone local.  If there's something wrong with it, the seller is more likely to be unaware of that beforehand, rather than them trying to cheat you.While online places like eBay have no shortage of scammers, when you're meeting face to face the person is more likely to be unaware that they sold you something bad.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I've bought a crap load of stuff used, and in my experience, GPU's are the safest thing to buy used from someone local.  If there's something wrong with it, the seller is more likely to be unaware of that beforehand, rather than them trying to cheat you.While online places like eBay have no shortage of scammers, when you're meeting face to face the person is more likely to be unaware that they sold you something bad.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I did have a 1050 send over once; I figured for the price and given the seller had a good reputation I wouldn't be risking anything. Turned even out it was a 1050 Ti, which was a nice surprise as it was not advertised as such. Just to underline what you said: sellers are often unaware of what they even have!

I'll be meeting up the guy next Tuesday to test out the card and if everything goes right, to seal the deal. I'll make a quick update then, maybe also add in some tips and tricks for others for buying second hand.