Asus Wireless utility not opening

Fenrir8080

Hi, my wifi card is Asus PCE-AC68. I have the latest drivers installed and it works fine. The only problem is that Asus's wireless utility software does not open for me. The wireless utility I am talking about is in the attached picture. I have seen many online guides where people simply open this software up. But after installing it, it does not open for me.  I have attached images of my network driver being the most up to date, it is version v2143. The last picture shows the utility installed and the highlighted application is what i click to open but nothing happens.

asus wireless utility.jpg

asus 1.PNG

asus2.PNG

asus 3.PNG

Any particular reason you need it?  Generally people avoid WiFi utilities and just use the windows built-in functionality as its more reliable.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 hours ago, Fenrir8080 said:

Asus's wireless utility software does not open for me.

Windows XP on up has its own wireless utility built in. Its just wise to use what Windows has, it works and its built in to the OS. No reason to install this on your machine. Why they still include these utilities is beyond me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I want to check if there some limitations on the WiFi card channel searching capability. Because this card is awfully particular about which channel my 5Ghz connection is broadcasted in.

And also, Windows does not really let me configure it as much. I think the utility would do a better job

I want to check if there some limitations on the WiFi card channel searching capability. Because this card is awfully particular about which channel my 5Ghz connection is broadcasted in.

It’s the router that does channel selection. Not all WiFi routers or cards support all of the 5Ghz band. DFS channels were added later. 

And also, Windows does not really let me configure it as much. I think the utility would do a better job

What’s do you configure? Generally you select a network and go. Most configurations happen again on the router side. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.