Are these SSDs from unknown (to me) brands any good?

CaptainPlanet

Super Talent
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Talent-256GB-Solid-FTM56N325H/dp/B07WNK8QR8/

Valuegist
https://www.amazon.com/Valuegist-240GB-Internal-Desktop-Laptop/dp/B06XPYJ1HM/

TOROSUS
https://www.amazon.com/TOROSUS-240GB-Industrial-Enterprise-TSA/dp/B07RS114MZ/

TC SUNBOW
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073W3QX2J/

They any good?

Either I get these, or I go for Adata.

Just need a cheap drive to breath some new life into a really old device. Don't want to put much money into it.

---------------------

Finally I have come down to these 2 models

Team L5 Lite 3D vs Sunbow X3

A Taiwanese company who's been doing stuff since 97 but only has 1 year warranty and is sold by Canada Computers
or

A no name Chinese company who uses exact same parts as other Chinese no name brands. It does have 3 year warranty but you also don't know if they will be in business in 3 years to uphold the warranty but this item is sold by Amazon

I feel inclined to buy the Team Group one, any reason not to?

Damn, how come I never looked into Team group before? Adata sells the same grade stuff for way more and not even that much better.

I would go with Adata or Teamgroup, they usually have a DRAM cache in their SSD's. These most likely don't making them cheaper, but slow as molasses.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

2 minutes ago, leo1798 said:

I would go with Adata or Teamgroup, they usually have a DRAM cache in their SSD's. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0

Newmaxx's SSD Spreadsheet. Very useful so that you don't have to guess on which SSDs have DRAM and which don't. 

6 minutes ago, Fin the Human said:

I would just go with a trusted brand, most of these cheap ones will be just as slow as an hdd.

3 of those don't have reviews so I can't comment on them, but the Tcsunbow X3 usually will be very fast, to the point where the average consumer will not notice the difference between it and say an 860 evo. Do your research before commenting. 

1 minute ago, Fin the Human said:

I haven't bought many cheap SSDs and many of these Chinese ones are quite unreliable from my experience. It would just make a lot more sense to buy a name brand one such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU635-3D-NAND-Internal-ASU635SS-240GQ-R/dp/B07PLNNDL2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=240gb+a400&qid=1568601615&s=electronics&sr=1-2 which is cheaper and name brand.

Do you just automatically assume that everything you're not familiar with is bad? 

And what's inherently bad with TcSunBow being a Chinese brand? 

If you would've looked at Newmaxx's SSD Spreadsheet that I linked earlier, you would see that the X3 is an SM2258 drive, same controller as the MX500, just with worse binned and 32L nand vs 64L nand, probably a smaller SLC cache and worse firmware, none of which are likely to affect most people. 

I feel like if I am going to buy an SSD with dram I will just go with the intel one that's the cheapest right now, but I don't want to spend even that little bit more. This is for an old gaming console, and I am using it for downloadable games so it should be mostly loading only.

2 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0

Newmaxx's SSD Spreadsheet. Very useful so that you don't have to guess on which SSDs have DRAM and which don't. 

What's the final verdict on TC Sunbow X3? I really don't want to put any more money than this price range, and this appears to be ranked higher than Adata SU650

Not that many people have reviewed it, and Amazon reviews are really mixed on this.

4 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

What's the final verdict on TC Sunbow X3? I really don't want to put any more money than this price range, and this appears to be ranked higher than Adata SU650

Not that many people have reviewed it, and Amazon reviews are really mixed on this.

The tcsunbow x3 drive is pretty good for the most part.

It has pretty decent internals with a sm2258 controller and also houses in a 1gb ddr3 DRAM cache from micron (d9mnt).

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

The reason why I would not trust these companies isn't because I'm afraid they use cheaper labor and parts, but because if the storage breaks, I know nothing of how reliable their RMA is. To me, the ease and reliability of RMA matters big time with storage. Big time.

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Yeah the RMA thing is a good point.

12 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

The tcsunbow x3 drive is pretty good for the most part.

It has pretty decent internals with a sm2258 controller and also houses in a 1gb ddr3 DRAM cache from micron (d9mnt).

What's the RMA process like for Sunbow? Is it up to Amazon to uphold it like how Samsung does it?

1 hour ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Yeah the RMA thing is a good point.

What's the RMA process like for Sunbow? Is it up to Amazon to uphold it like how Samsung does it?

I'd bet that Amazon would accept the return given their excellent customer service

Finally I have come down to these 2 models

Team L5 Lite 3D vs Sunbow X3

A Taiwanese company who's been doing stuff since 97 but only has 1 year warranty and is sold by Canada Computers
or

A no name Chinese company who uses exact same parts as other Chinese no name brands. It does have 3 year warranty but you also don't know if they will be in business in 3 years to uphold the warranty but this item is sold by Amazon

I feel inclined to buy the Team Group one, any reason not to?

Damn, how come I never looked into Team group before? Adata sells the same grade stuff for way more and not even that much better.

Supertallent is not an unknown brand. They have been around for a while. The others, I have no idea who they are. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD