Ryzen 5 2600 stock temp to high ?

BigALwilson

Ok so I have a xidax x2 tempered glass computer I bought off my buddy and it has a a ryzen 5 2600 with a b350m pro vdh motherboard and a 980ti Asus strix 3 fan gpu. Well the problem I'm having is with the stock air cooler I'm reaching 72c while at 60 to 70 percent usage while playing battlefront 2 (star wars)and it hits 80-82 under cinebench r20 test. I have 2 front intake fans and one exhaust all corsair hd 120s that I currently just bought new,  Should my temps be this high ? Oh and by the way that's with all the case fans and cpu fan at 100 percent.

It's a bit warm but otherwise normal. Temps would probably be better if you didn't have a case with such bad airflow. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's a bit warm but otherwise normal. Temps would probably be better if you didn't have a case with such bad airflow. 

See I had a prebuilt omen 870-224 before with only one exhaust fan and it had an i5 7400 and temps never reached 60c on anything i played with it. But i get a computer with 2 more fans and my temps are worse i just dont understand lol

3 minutes ago, BigALwilson said:

See I had a prebuilt omen 870-224 before with only one exhaust fan and it had an i5 7400 and temps never reached 60c on anything i played with it. But i get a computer with 2 more fans and my temps are worse i just dont understand lol

Did you have the same graphics card?

The 7400 draws less power and is much easier to cool than the 2600. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-2600/17.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

34 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Did you have the same graphics card?

The 7400 draws less power and is much easier to cool than the 2600. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-5-2600/17.html

No it had a 1060 3gb dual fan. I just dont like how my gpu stays in the 60s and my cpu is higher. On my intel system my 1060 was at 82c all the time cause I tryed to play everything at 120 or 144 fps , but now it's just backwards on my new system. I thought cpu temps usually were lower than gpu temps. Just from past experience. This is only my 2nd pc. 

5 minutes ago, BigALwilson said:

No it had a 1060 3gb dual fan. I just dont like how my gpu stays in the 60s and my cpu is higher. On my intel system my 1060 was at 82c all the time cause I tryed to play everything at 120 or 144 fps , but now it's just backwards on my new system. I thought cpu temps usually were lower than gpu temps. Just from past experience. This is only my 2nd pc. 

There isn't any rule about the cpu or gpu being hotter than the other. The graphics card is usually more sensitive to temps than the cpu though so lower graphics card temps would probably be the better of the two. That being said, the temps mentioned are all within safe operating ranges. 

Have you tried running a synthetic load on the graphics card as well? That would probably result in higher temps than from gaming. 

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

There isn't any rule about the cpu or gpu being hotter than the other. The graphics card is usually more sensitive to temps than the cpu though so lower graphics card temps would probably be the better of the two. That being said, the temps mentioned are all within safe operating ranges. 

Have you tried running a synthetic load on the graphics card as well? That would probably result in higher temps than from gaming. 

Ok as long as they are safe I'm happy , I game alot like 4 hours a day or more usually after I get off work. Just wanted to make sure it was okay to run the temps at that for hours. I ran heaven bench mark when I first got the pc and my gpu reached 75c but that was before I installed the new fans and there was only 1 front fan instead of 2. My cpu idle temp is good though like 45c . 

I'm fighting a similar problem, on the newer 3600.

A few tips that might help:

Try running the Ryzen Balanced, or Balanced power profile.

Go into your Bios under AMD CBS > ZEN Common Options > Global C-States Control set it to Enable.

Make certain your running the latest Bios for your motherboard.

I found these dropped the CPU temp.

But your mileage may vary. I'd try one at time and see if it helps.

3 hours ago, Tannah said:

I'm fighting a similar problem, on the newer 3600.

A few tips that might help:

Try running the Ryzen Balanced, or Balanced power profile.

Go into your Bios under AMD CBS > ZEN Common Options > Global C-States Control set it to Enable.

Make certain your running the latest Bios for your motherboard.

I found these dropped the CPU temp.

But your mileage may vary. I'd try one at time and see if it helps.

Ok I will give that a try, all my pc buddies said not to update my bios unless I absolutely have too. Mine bios has not been update for at least a year

Why does HWmonitor say my max clock speed for my cpu for each core is 4178mhz. Its stock and not overclocked , it shouldnt be that high should it. 

20190917_075302.jpg

At a guess: Its possibly the boost clock, Or depending in your motherboard vendor PBO. There have been reports on various forums of non X series Ryzen 2000 CPU's exhibiting this behaviour.

Did you select load defaults after updating your BIOS?

If your OS supports it I would try Ryzen Master to see if it reports the same Boost.

Also try HWiNFO as well. Just to rule out it being a software error.

Look at this one 4895 as max now, and havent quite updated the bios yet. 

20190919_090311.jpg

I'm just scared to update the bios, all I have to do is download the file to a usb then flash it to the computer in the bios right