First complete build in 10 years...

DoritosDestroyer

EIDT: I just read the rules for this category. I'm editing my post to include a traditional build log.

First, I chose my parts. I spent a lot of time choosing the right components for a pc that will serve as my primary workstation and gaming device for the foreseeable future. In general, I stuck with brands that have treated me well in the past.

Case: Thermaltake Core P3 - this is my first open-air case. It will be wall-mounted next to my desk, and looks fantastic. I have a small office with a dust/air purifier, so I'm not all that worried about dust collection.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KF - this bad boy was on sale for $419 @Newegg. The KF doesn't have integrated graphics, but I still find it strange that you can save nearly $100 by purchasing this over the 9900K. Who's buying a 9900 only to use integrated graphics? The only real downside, is that it doesn't come in the fancy Dodecahedron box.

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi Z390 - I've been running Gigabyte motherboards for the past 10 or so years (prior to that, EVGA), so I decided to stick with Gigabyte for this build. Also, I love the design of their newest z390 boards. Solid components, too, including two m.2 slots with heavy heatsinks.

Main SSD: ADATA x8200 Pro 1TB NVMe Pcie SSD - About as fast, but cheaper than the 970 evo plus.

Memory: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz 16CL DDR4 - I don't really need to explain why. Great memory, great price, great RGB.

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Black - I've always been treated well by EVGA products, and their warranty can't be beat. It's not the prettiest 2080 I've seen, sporting two fans covered by tiny EVGA "E" logos and a translucent, RGB case. The deciding factor was the Labor Day sale, which had this beast at a jaw-dropping $599.

PSU: Corsair RM850x - This is my first Corsair PSU. I've always stuck with Seasonic in the past. The x series came highly recommended, and looks fantastic.

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x72 360mm - Honestly, I chose this over the corsair unit mainly due to aesthetic. I really enjoy the look of the mirrored finish waterblock and pump. Also, they have a great warranty. I was going to go with Thermaltake, to match my case, but their coolers do NOT cover part replacement if it leaks out of the box, something that I've had happen in the past with a Corsair h100 (Corsair replaced all of my components).

Totally necessary - Corsair LL120s and Thermaltake's rainbow sleeved cables, lol.

69874611_10219227807996932_7431050946936832000_o.jpg

Newly finished build for 2019:

• Core i9 9900KF
  • EVGA RTX 2080 Black
  • Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi
  • G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16) 3200mhz 16cl DDR4 memory
  • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
  • Corsair RM850x PSU
  • NZXT Kraken x72 360mm AIO
  • Corsair LL120 radiator fans
  • Thermaltake Core P3 Case
  • Spiffy TT Rainbow sleeved cable extensions