PC asking me to end Microsoft Windows upon startup?

M3M3G0D

I have come across a strange issue when booting my PC. When I boot it up, 9 times out of ten, I will just get the windows home screen, and nothing else, apart from the start button, search and the file explorer tab. The other icons will be missing, and clicking anywhere on the screen will cause the screen to freeze up and go grey, and a message pop up stating:

"Microsoft Windows

The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

Do you want to end this process?"

I haven't dared to click 'End Process' in any of the instances of this happening, as I don't know what it could lead to, and waiting about a minute or so usually resolves this issue. However, it is a nuisance, and I would rather get rid of it. My first thought was that maybe my HDD (Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM) is faulty, and the other applications are just taking ages to load. However, that wouldn't make much sense as Windows itself is on an SSD (WD Green SATA), and it was Windows that was supposedly showing the error. My second thought was that perhaps certain apps are slowing my PC down to a crawl, namely Malwarebytes, as it always seems to start up the minute my PC boots, that is, after all the icons load. The third possible reason may be the fact that I haven't actually activated Windows (too lazy to ever get around to it), and that may be causing the slow boots. Any ideas?

20190528_161102.jpg

20190528_161105.jpg

28 minutes ago, M3M3G0D said:

I have come across a strange issue when booting my PC. When I boot it up, 9 times out of ten, I will just get the windows home screen, and nothing else, apart from the start button, search and the file explorer tab. The other icons will be missing, and clicking anywhere on the screen will cause the screen to freeze up and go grey, and a message pop up stating:

"Microsoft Windows

The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

Do you want to end this process?"

I haven't dared to click 'End Process' in any of the instances of this happening, as I don't know what it could lead to, and waiting about a minute or so usually resolves this issue. However, it is a nuisance, and I would rather get rid of it. My first thought was that maybe my HDD (Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM) is faulty, and the other applications are just taking ages to load. However, that wouldn't make much sense as Windows itself is on an SSD (WD Green SATA), and it was Windows that was supposedly showing the error. My second thought was that perhaps certain apps are slowing my PC down to a crawl, namely Malwarebytes, as it always seems to start up the minute my PC boots, that is, after all the icons load. The third possible reason may be the fact that I haven't actually activated Windows (too lazy to ever get around to it), and that may be causing the slow boots. Any ideas?

20190528_161102.jpg

20190528_161105.jpg

What happens when you end process ?  Is Windows usable ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

On 9/13/2019 at 8:55 AM, Turtle Rig said:

What happens when you end process ?  Is Windows usable ?

I tried that today, and the desktop background completely disappears. The screen goes black, save for the taskbar, which remains empty. After about 20 seconds everything loaded up completely, and that alone took up to 45% of my Ryzen 5 2600's performance, according to task manager

20190918_161652.jpg