How do I fit an extra M.2 into my system?

NunoLava1998

My motherboard only has one PCIe slot (occupied by the graphics card; I cannot change the PCIe slot configuration with risers/etc/whatever due to case limitations), and one M.2 x4 slot which I'm currently using.

Would it ever be possible to cram a second M.2 SSD into my system? Only having x2 capability is fine; I don't want M.2 SATA

Specifications:

Ryzen 5 1500X

ASRock B450 Gaming ITX/AC

16GB DDR4

Optane 800P 58GB M.2 SSD

Patriot Burst 240GB 2.5" SSD

Toshiba Q300 240GB 2.5" SSD

Sapphire RX 570 PULSE 4GB

beQuiet SFX Power 2 400W

Silverstone ML08B

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Nope,.you are out of PCIe slots so you can't really get an expansion card

Just now, 5x5 said:

Nope,.you are out of PCIe slots so you can't really get an expansion card

The only thing I could do was plug in a M2->PCIe adapter into the M.2 slot, and then into that PCIe slot a card which supports multiple NVMe SSDs

No, your options here are only SATA to M.2 or USB to M.2. Should have picked a motherboard with more slots.

29 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The only thing I could do was plug in a M2->PCIe adapter into the M.2 slot, and then into that PCIe slot a card which supports multiple NVMe SSDs

This would not work. For this to work the motherboard must support PCI_e Bi-furcation of which is primarily a server feature not found on most desktops. Even then the M.2 slot may not support being divided like a PCI_e slot further making this not possible.

Get rid of the Optane and get a higher capacity, fast NMVE storage instead.

Not only are you on AMD so it's not performing it's best with StoreMI, but you don't even have a HDD to accelerate with Optane. The performances is negligible with a SSD compared to simply getting a 3000MB/s NVME drive.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

55 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Get rid of the Optane and get a higher capacity, fast NMVE storage instead.

Not only are you on AMD so it's not performing it's best with StoreMI, but you don't even have a HDD to accelerate with Optane. The performances is negligible with a SSD compared to simply getting a 3000MB/s NVME drive.

The Optane is being used as a boot, programs and small games drive, not an acceleration drive. 

Optane Memory or M10 drives are for acceleration, Optane H10 drives are SSD+Optane combos and Optane 800P, 900P and 905P is Optane SSD (aka an actual SSD).

Looking at that motherboard, I'd say that your only option is to replace the current NVMe drive with a larger one. 

If you really want to add an SSD, it'll have to be a regular SATA one.