Black screen

pedrotooguitar

BLACK SCREEN

Hi guys, today I mounted a full pc for a friend (16gb ram RX590 Ryzen 5 3600), the PC didn't boot, (my 5th build), all the fans started spining, the GPU didn't light up, the motherboard did, but we could even charge our phone on the USB ports. I thought I'd try the ram and GPU on my pc (we tried on both the HDMI from the GPU and MOBO) , I have an i7 8700 , 16gb ram and a 2070SUPER. We tried the RAM, the pc booted shut down and then booted again and I got to windows, all amazing, we crossed out the RAM as a possible problem. I then tried his GPU (RX 590) on my pc, the GPU leds got lit up this time but the screens were still black. I decided to take the GPU out and put mine (2070) back in again AND.... I can't start my pc. Neither with a video signal from the GPU nor from the Motherboard. I even took the card out, cleared the CMOS, all I could think, and my pc just doesn't post any image(all the GPU, fan , MOBO lights and fans are on.) HELP ME Pleaseeeeeeee I didn't change anything else on the computer

27 minutes ago, pedrotooguitar said:

BLACK SCREEN

Hi guys, today I mounted a full pc for a friend (16gb ram RX590 Ryzen 5 3600), the PC didn't boot, (my 5th build), all the fans started spining, the GPU didn't light up, the motherboard did, but we could even charge our phone on the USB ports. I thought I'd try the ram and GPU on my pc (we tried on both the HDMI from the GPU and MOBO) , I have an i7 8700 , 16gb ram and a 2070SUPER. We tried the RAM, the pc booted shut down and then booted again and I got to windows, all amazing, we crossed out the RAM as a possible problem. I then tried his GPU (RX 590) on my pc, the GPU leds got lit up this time but the screens were still black. I decided to take the GPU out and put mine (2070) back in again AND.... I can't start my pc. Neither with a video signal from the GPU nor from the Motherboard. I even took the card out, cleared the CMOS, all I could think, and my pc just doesn't post any image(all the GPU, fan , MOBO lights and fans are on.) HELP ME Pleaseeeeeeee I didn't change anything else on the computer

Does your Mobo have more than one 16x slot that you can try your gpu in?

Edit: also make sure you've got the gpu power cable in snuggly might be that. 

Yes, it has, but the PC doesn't start with the IGPU neither, and I made sure everything was well conected on the GPU :(

1 minute ago, pedrotooguitar said:

Yes, it has, but the PC doesn't start with the IGPU neither, and I made sure everything was well conected on the GPU :(

Aw man I've got nothing for ya can't see how just putting another gpu in would make it just not post. make sure ya haven't made any stupid otherwise maybe send the stuff back for warranty it it still has it. 

1 minute ago, pedrotooguitar said:

Most mainboards have some type of system implemented to tell you what is wrong. Some have debuf leds, others have beeps and some have entire displays.

Can you find yours and tell us what it does? Also with that list your mainboard name and model number. If you do not know this, this is generally printed near / under your top x16 slot.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 minutes ago, pedrotooguitar said:

but the PC doesn't start with the IGPU neither

Because there is none, the 3600 doesn't have integrated graphics.

What motherboard are you using? This sounds exactly like a bios update is required.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What motherboard are you using? This sounds exactly like a bios update is required.

My 8700 is doing the same thing and it has an IGPU, I used it before. Asus Prime B360 PLUS

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

i think he is talking about his own intel system that was working fine, but by troubleshooting the new build broke his existing / working pc.

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

3 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Most mainboards have some type of system implemented to tell you what is wrong. Some have debuf leds, others have beeps and some have entire displays.

Can you find yours and tell us what it does? Also with that list your mainboard name and model number. If you do not know this, this is generally printed near / under your top x16 slot.

Motherboard is Asus Prime B360-Plus, trying to find out what kind of error message it shows

Every mainboard that has beep code's comes with a speaker in the box. Most people don't install this anymore tho so its probably still in the box, if you haven't thrown it away.

Since its a low powered speaker, you could hook anything up, maybe even tulip connectors to a stereo / amp. Not entirely sure about this latter suggestion tho.

3 minutes ago, pedrotooguitar said:

I don't have anything Like that in the Box :(

I geuss you could try and connect a multimeter? See if you get a 5v spike on it and see if you can figure out the code that way . . .

This is something the speaker looks like. 

Just now, Caennanu said:

This is something the speaker looks like. 

If you have any small device, even children toys, that are defective and have a speaker in them, you can easily hook them up to the connectors.

As illustrated, it is just 2 wires.

Thanks a lot for the help, eventually I took out the power switch cable (it was well connected and worked before), booted up the pc by shorting the 2 pins and it worked. It works with the power switch as well now, no idea why. THank you ❤️