Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The 2009 MacBook gamer

Best single board computers

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have been looking forever to find the best single board computer for emulation, I specifically want something that can do ps2, psp, GameCube and wii. Then I found the jetson nano, but it was a little out of my price range. anyway do you know any other single board computers under $100 that can do that?

Almost any laptop ever with a decent iGP (still a single board computer). I'm thinking Intel HD 3000 and above. 

"If I don't seem to laugh very often, it will be because I sold my soul for good money." - Me 2019

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.4GHz - Asus Rampage Extreme IV - 16GB = 8 x 2GB Samsung 1333MHz Dimms - GTX 1080 HP OEM - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 480GB Kingston A400 SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate 7200rpm Drive - EVGA 750W GQ Gold+ Rating - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = NVidia Surround @ 75Hz - Akasa Venom R20 240 RGB Cooler & 5 x 120mm silent fans - BlueFinger Mechanical Keyboard - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 1809 64-Bit

Portable Devices: 

Dell Precision M6700 17" Workstation Laptop - Dell Latitude E6330 13" Business Laptop - Huawei Honor 9 Phone - Nintendo Switch Lite

Screenshots of games I play

Spoiler

I am an Audiophile, therefore I share the below info with you:

Audio Setup: 2 x Beovox 1001 speakers & Akai AM-M11 audio amp - Behringer XM8500 Microphone with UM-2 Pre-amp - Marshall Major 2 portable headphones

Homemade custom Audio: TurtleBeach Earforce X11 cans with QiGOM 260Ω 40mm drivers (Studio grade sounding now)

6 hours ago, Brennan Price said:

Almost any laptop ever with a decent iGP (still a single board computer). I'm thinking Intel HD 3000 and above. 

I don’t really want a laptop I just want something that I just throw in a micro sd and call it good like a raspberry pi but with more power

5 hours ago, circeseye said:

Ooo thanks

Just now, The 2009 MacBook gamer said:

I don’t really want a laptop I just want something that I just throw in a micro sd and call it good like a raspberry pi but with more power

getting that under a 100 may be rough

2 minutes ago, The 2009 MacBook gamer said:

Sadly the raspberry pi 4 doesn’t have enough power for wii or game cube

If you want a specific computer for Wii/FGameCube, get a Wii U (can find them hella cheap). They have an entire Wii onboard and natively support Wii games because of that, and HomeBrew firmware will let you access the GameCube abilities of the Wii that's inside your Wii U. It won't do Playstation stuff though. 

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

X5670 on an Intel stock cooler
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW
EVGA 1600W T2, a totally reasonable wattage for this
PSU mount and mobo tray screwed to plywood

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

Just now, Zando Bob said:

If you want a specific computer for Wii/FGameCube, get a Wii U (can find them hella cheap). They have an entire Wii onboard and natively support Wii games because of that, and HomeBrew firmware will let you access the GameCube abilities of the Wii that's inside your Wii U. It won't do Playstation stuff though. 

Can I download games and put them on?

Just now, The 2009 MacBook gamer said:

Can I download games and put them on?

Pretty sure they can run ROMs with HomeBrew, yeah. I can look into it more, should try setting it up on my Wii U since it isn't doing much rn and the risk of borking them isn't as high as the Switch. 

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

EVGA X99 Classified
Corsair RM1000i

EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

20 minutes ago, The 2009 MacBook gamer said:

That might work

https://www.howtogeek.com/409430/how-to-hack-your-wii-u-to-run-homebrew-games-and-apps/

Does let you load and run games off a USB, if you can get the ROMs then you can probs run them ez. Legally you're supposed to pull them off a disc you own though (and we can't talk about how to get them without that here, because that's technically piracy and thus against the rules). You can emulate other Nintendo consoles as well apparently, and a bunch of other stuff. 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

EVGA X99 Classified
Corsair RM1000i

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW

Spoiler

Lattepanda. It's expensive but your best bet.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.