7 ZIP CRC error.

pjotr_sk

Hello everyone. Almost 2 years ago I decided I want to build a nice PC so I did. I enjoyed 2 years of gaming but you know, it's always good to upgrade your PC, or is it? 2 years ago I put following stuff in the PC

CPU INTEL Core i5-8600K

MB GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (rev. 1.0)

SSD 2,5" 500GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD 1TB WD10EZEX Blue 64MB SATAIII/600 7200rpm 2RZ

RAM 8GB DDR4-3000MHz CL15 Kingston Predator XMP, 2x4GB

GPU Asus Dual GTX 1060

- After that I added 2x Intel NVMe 256GB SSDs and everything was just fine and I had it like that until last month. But now this is when the "FUN" starts. I sold the old RAMs and got HyperX 16 GB KIT DDR4 3200 MHz CL18 Fury Black Series. (2x8GBs) and at the same time I replaced those NVMe SSDs for a bigger ones (512GB and 1TB). I made my backup to the HDD I shut it down and I was ready to reinstall windows. So now I am doing clean Win10 install but right after i did it graphic driver isn't working - while installing in the stage of "unpacking" of this NVDIA driver  here goes 7ZIP CRC error.  No more info jus this. Also browsing in all browsers became intermittent - sometime there will error appear saying "oops something went wrong". I was  thinking ok it's bad internet cable, I tried other cable but didn’t help. It wasn't LAN port on MB since I also tried LAN to USB adapter that also didn't help. Just in case I upgraded BIOS to newest build available, still the same. If I did ping google.com -t in CMD no "time out" error appeared even after hour of pinging so internet didn’t seem to be losing packets. I searched forums some said there is bad RAM or GPU (just a note that before reinstall and with old RAMs and SSD drives  everything worked just fine and I didn't touch the GPU). Anyway, I have a friend of mine who has the exact same GPU and similar RAMs to mine. I swap GPU for his, try to install GPU driver and I got same error also same issue while browsing. I swap RAMs try to install - same error. I swap both at the same time - same error. I ran INTEL processor test from their website and everything passed. So here I go buying new MB MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK. I put everything in there and reinstall windows. What happens when I try to browse? Oops something went wrong… Installing GPU driver again you ask? 7ZIP CRC error. So last piece which I cannot replace right now since I don’t have enough money is the CPU. My question to you guys is – Did you EVER had issues like this? Maybe it's easy fix, maybe it's just CPU fooling around but again, after I installed new RAMs and SSD drives this happens and CPU goes crazy? I don't know... Whatever advices you will provide or any experience that you might have would be helpful. 

Best regards,

Frustrated gamer.

P.S. If topic is not relevant I apologize. Also English isn't my first language so I apologize for any mistakes that I made. 

thats an impress wall of texthave u consider starts  some new paragraphs?

anyway, crc error means corrupted file, usually due to bad torrenting or bad sectors on hard drive.

ps i didnt read

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check.  Basically it detects errors in files.  This could be caused by the file itself being corrupt, a bad sector on the HDD/SSD, a bad SATA data cable etc. 

When writing the file, a small checksum is added to it.  When the PC later reads that file, that checksum is re-calculated and compared with the first one.  If those 2 checksums don't match, the PC/program/installer knows that the file is no good and you get this error. 

If downloading the driver again doesn't help, the corruption is most likely on the server that hosts the file.  In that case you can download it as often as you like, it won't help.  Look for another version, perhaps a slightly older driver will work just fine.