Small form factor emulation and light game PC

will_d601

It's time for me to move on from my raspberry pi for all my emulation needs. I would like to build a pc, most likely out of used hardware to fill it's shoes and more, to enable me to play light steam games, as well as more recent console emulation. I have a few requirements:

• Quad core CPU
  • Small form factor
  • 8GB RAM
  • Room to upgrade the HDD to an SSD.

I am not particually familiar with hardware from a few generations ago, so I am in need of advice, and I am not afraid of swapping different components around. I am planning to run MS Windows 10 on it.

Thanks,

Will

12 minutes ago, will_d601 said:

It's time for me to move on from my raspberry pi for all my emulation needs. I would like to build a pc, most likely out of used hardware to fill it's shoes and more, to enable me to play light steam games, as well as more recent console emulation. I have a few requirements:

• Quad core CPU
  • Small form factor
  • 8GB RAM
  • Room to upgrade the HDD to an SSD.

I am not particually familiar with hardware from a few generations ago, so I am in need of advice, and I am not afraid of swapping different components around. I am planning to run MS Windows 10 on it.

Thanks,

Will

What’s your budget and location? (Country?) 

Edited by star_pilot475

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

21 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

What’s your budget and location? (Country?) 

Sorry, I live in the UK and would like to spend around £150, but could spend more

38 minutes ago, will_d601 said:

Sorry, I live in the UK and would like to spend around £150, but could spend more

Ok thanks for the info! Small form factor is gonna be pretty impossible at that budget but I’ll try my best. I’ll have to PM you as eBay links are not so appreciated on these forums.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin