switching from stereo to 5.1 with a hotkey

nikosgevre

I have hooked up a 5.1 audio setup and my headset with a splitter on the green audio port. My computer case is quite far from my hands (I have to stand up to reach it). Sometimes i want to use headset and sometimes my Creative surround system. So i am just turning off the surround system whenever i want to use the headset. But since the setup is on 5.1 i am losing a lot of sounds since my headset is connected to the green audio port (especially the bass).
I want to switch from stereo to 5.1 audio on the fly if possible. I saw some articles online for switching audio devices on the fly but i am more interested in switching the speaker configuration instead of audio devices and if possible using the LGS instead of downloading a different hotkey program.

I have logitech g613 and using LGS to bind keys to the extra programmable keys of my keyboard.
Thank you for your time :) appreciate every respond

CPU Intel i5-4690k | Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger | RAM Kingston HyperX fury 8gb (2x4gb) | GPU sapphire r9 280x vapor-x oc | Case Corsair Carbide 200R | Storage WD Blue 1tb | PSU Corsair CX750M

hmmm worth the investigatin. i will try to create a script for this. If i happen to succeed i will post it here.
If someone else has a better solution i would be more than happy to try it out :D

CPU Intel i5-4690k | Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger | RAM Kingston HyperX fury 8gb (2x4gb) | GPU sapphire r9 280x vapor-x oc | Case Corsair Carbide 200R | Storage WD Blue 1tb | PSU Corsair CX750M

I use equalizer APO, and set it to do different things depending on whether it detects a 2 channel source or 5 channel source