APC SRT8KRMXLI - What to do?

AbsoluteFool

I just came home after picking up a free Netshelter Rack enclosure where they simply gave me this UPS because they wanted to get rid of it. I've done some basic reseach on it. And well. There is no way i am able to power this in my tiny home racks lol.

So i'm just curious to see what you guys would do if you were in my shoes with this.

Side notes! I got no idea if this unit is working. It have no batteries (Probably in the trash somewhere).

I know that if i am going to sell it i need to get someone to test it first. Doing research on this ATM. Hard to find people in Norway with even batteries for these.. And spending $1k just to find out that it is bad is not really ideal..

So, what do you guys suggest that actually have knowledge about UPSes compared to me?

6 minutes ago, AbsoluteFool said:

Side notes! I got no idea if this unit is working. It have no batteries (Probably in the trash somewhere).

Without the batteries it's pretty worthless, replacement cost is actually rather high for these larger units.

7 minutes ago, AbsoluteFool said:

There is no way i am able to power this in my tiny home racks lol.

So i'm just curious to see what you guys would do if you were in my shoes with this.

You could but it would require a bit (a lot) of effort and getting an electrician in and a complete change to your mains input. Basically treat it the same as a Grid Tied Solar Inverter, I would actually do that but I have the batteries to make use of it. But yea, no practical way of making use of a UPS this large in a home lol.

19 minutes ago, AbsoluteFool said:

So, what do you guys suggest that actually have knowledge about UPSes compared to me?

Sell it for as much as you can.

23 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Without the batteries it's pretty worthless, replacement cost is actually rather high for these larger units.

You could but it would require a bit (a lot) of effort and getting an electrician in and a complete change to your mains input. Basically treat it the same as a Grid Tied Solar Inverter, I would actually do that but I have the batteries to make use of it. But yea, no practical way of making use of a UPS this large in a home lol.

Sell it for as much as you can.

I did contact a friend of me who run an IT company that have equiptment and batteries to test the unit. Will do that to morrow. If it works i'll probably do as you said and sell it. Don't need enough power to keep the street with light lol.