Hello. So the situation is that some time ago I bought new PC parts from the money I earned in summer. The first problem I ran into was that my PCU and motherboard connectors don't match. TBH it's mostly my fault but I really didn't know that something like what I have existed. So what I have is a 4pin HP connector on motherboard. When I was buying I didn't even notice this and was just checking if the wattage fits with my GPU. Now when I made my first post someone told me to try using a HP to ATX connector. And so I did, I bought it and it recently arrived but I was in for a another hole digging for myself. You see when I connect everything up and run all I get is 4 beeps with pauses in between and red flashing led. Of course I already searched what is this and found out that it's most likely problem with the memory sticks. So I did what it said of cleaning the golden parts insert and so on. But when I tried it again it still didn't work. So I decided to try my old PCU again which fits with the 4pin and it still works as I remember it working. So therefore the problem is in the HP to ATX connector and it has to do something with not delivering enough or any power to my memory sticks?

What model motherboard do you have?
What model is the old PSU?
What model is the new PSU?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

My old PCU is "320W EPA92 ENTL13" if I'm correct and my new PCU is "Chieftec GPM-550S" and IDK the exact name of the motherboard, all I know it's a HP motherboard, but I'll try to find.

Oh well my PC model is HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR but I'll keep looking for the motherboard name

19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

and my motherboard is 

Hewlett-Packard 18E4

26 minutes ago, Elans said:

Hello. So the situation is that some time ago I bought new PC parts from the money I earned in summer. The first problem I ran into was that my PCU and motherboard connectors don't match. TBH it's mostly my fault but I really didn't know that something like what I have existed. So what I have is a 4pin HP connector on motherboard. When I was buying I didn't even notice this and was just checking if the wattage fits with my GPU. Now when I made my first post someone told me to try using a HP to ATX connector. And so I did, I bought it and it recently arrived but I was in for a another hole digging for myself. You see when I connect everything up and run all I get is 4 beeps with pauses in between and red flashing led. Of course I already searched what is this and found out that it's most likely problem with the memory sticks. So I did what it said of cleaning the golden parts insert and so on. But when I tried it again it still didn't work. So I decided to try my old PCU again which fits with the 4pin and it still works as I remember it working. So therefore the problem is in the HP to ATX connector and it has to do something with not delivering enough or any power to my memory sticks?

oh my apoliogies 6pin not 4

Struggling to find details on those models. It looks like it has a 4pin power connector for the CPU (should be standard) along with a 6pin power connector and 6pin AUX (skinny 6pin) connector for the motherboard. Is that correct?

Do you have a link to the HP to ATX adapter you bought?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Struggling to find details on those models. It looks like it has a 4pin power connector for the CPU (should be standard) along with a 6pin power connector and 6pin AUX (skinny 6pin) connector for the motherboard. Is that correct?

Do you have a link to the HP to ATX adapter you bought?

Yes there is a 4 pin connector to cpu and there are two 6 pin connectors, one from what i know powers motherboard and the other sata and stuff.

And this should be the exact one i bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-ATX-Main-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-PSU-Power-Adapter-Cable-18AWG-for-Select-HP-Systems/183744579098

PSU? Power supply unit?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Elans said:

Chieftec GPM-550S

my trust in chieftec psus is rather... low to say the least