Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello. So the situation is that some time ago I bought new PC parts from the money I earned in summer. The first problem I ran into was that my PCU and motherboard connectors don't match. TBH it's mostly my fault but I really didn't know that something like what I have existed. So what I have is a 4pin HP connector on motherboard. When I was buying I didn't even notice this and was just checking if the wattage fits with my GPU. Now when I made my first post someone told me to try using a HP to ATX connector. And so I did, I bought it and it recently arrived but I was in for a another hole digging for myself. You see when I connect everything up and run all I get is 4 beeps with pauses in between and red flashing led. Of course I already searched what is this and found out that it's most likely problem with the memory sticks. So I did what it said of cleaning the golden parts insert and so on. But when I tried it again it still didn't work. So I decided to try my old PCU again which fits with the 4pin and it still works as I remember it working. So therefore the problem is in the HP to ATX connector and it has to do something with not delivering enough or any power to my memory sticks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What model motherboard do you have?
What model is the old PSU?
What model is the new PSU?


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What model motherboard do you have?
What model is the old PSU?
What model is the new PSU?

My old PCU is "320W EPA92 ENTL13" if I'm correct and my new PCU is "Chieftec GPM-550S" and IDK the exact name of the motherboard, all I know it's a HP motherboard, but I'll try to find.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Oh well my PC model is HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR but I'll keep looking for the motherboard name

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What model motherboard do you have?
What model is the old PSU?
What model is the new PSU?

and my motherboard is 

Hewlett-Packard 18E4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, Elans said:

Hello. So the situation is that some time ago I bought new PC parts from the money I earned in summer. The first problem I ran into was that my PCU and motherboard connectors don't match. TBH it's mostly my fault but I really didn't know that something like what I have existed. So what I have is a 4pin HP connector on motherboard. When I was buying I didn't even notice this and was just checking if the wattage fits with my GPU. Now when I made my first post someone told me to try using a HP to ATX connector. And so I did, I bought it and it recently arrived but I was in for a another hole digging for myself. You see when I connect everything up and run all I get is 4 beeps with pauses in between and red flashing led. Of course I already searched what is this and found out that it's most likely problem with the memory sticks. So I did what it said of cleaning the golden parts insert and so on. But when I tried it again it still didn't work. So I decided to try my old PCU again which fits with the 4pin and it still works as I remember it working. So therefore the problem is in the HP to ATX connector and it has to do something with not delivering enough or any power to my memory sticks?

oh my apoliogies 6pin not 4

Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggling to find details on those models. It looks like it has a 4pin power connector for the CPU (should be standard) along with a 6pin power connector and 6pin AUX (skinny 6pin) connector for the motherboard. Is that correct?


Do you have a link to the HP to ATX adapter you bought?


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Struggling to find details on those models. It looks like it has a 4pin power connector for the CPU (should be standard) along with a 6pin power connector and 6pin AUX (skinny 6pin) connector for the motherboard. Is that correct?


Do you have a link to the HP to ATX adapter you bought?

Yes there is a 4 pin connector to cpu and there are two 6 pin connectors, one from what i know powers motherboard and the other sata and stuff.

 

And this should be the exact one i bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-ATX-Main-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-PSU-Power-Adapter-Cable-18AWG-for-Select-HP-Systems/183744579098

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSU? Power supply unit?


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elans said:

Chieftec GPM-550S

my trust in chieftec psus is rather... low to say the least


PSU Tier List//Motherboard VRM list//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Seasonic Focus issues//Mark Solved//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3500 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault V2 (in progression)

Spoiler

CPU: dual Xeon x5650   GPU: GT210.  RAM: 6x4 GB+6x2 GB DDR3R.  MOBO: HP ML350 g6   HDD: 4x Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI 1TB   PSU: 2x Delta 460w 80+ platinum  Case: ML350 G6

 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8460p

Spoiler

CPU: I5-2540m  GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+4GB 1333 mhz DDR3   SSD: mx500 250gb  Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×